Chapter 5

Oh my god. I think as I lay in bed. He kissed my cheek. It feels like I've known him forever but it's only been a day. I feel like I could get to know him more. I get up to brush my teeth and wash my face. I change into a t-shirt and shorts and lay back down to go to sleep. In the morning I wake up and it smells like fresh bread. Mom must be baking already. I look at the time and it's already 9:00 am. I get up to get ready but my whole body hurts. I sit on my bed for a second to let my body chill. Once I'm ready I go downstairs to my mom to get some bread. "Good morning," mom says.
"Good morning," I say drowsy.
"You slept late. How was the gift ceremony?"
"It was good. Mirabel and Camilo got me a welcome present. It's a bracelet," I say showing it to her.
"That's nice of them. Do you want any bread?"
"Yea. Is it hot in here for you? It seems a little hotter than it was yesterday,"
"No. It shouldn't be. It's a tad colder outside than yesterday," she says. "Do you have a fever?"
"I don't think so," I say squinting. Mom puts her hand against my forehead.
"You're a little hot. Why don't you go take your temperature?"
"Ok," I say walking to go find the thermometer. When I find it I put it under my tongue. 100.3. Great. I thought. I go to tell my mom my temperature and she hands me a plate with some food.
"Go upstairs and get some rest today. Ok? I wanna wait until you're fever goes down before you do a ton of work," she says.
"Ok," I say as I start walking back upstairs. A few hours pass of me being bored out of my mind and having nothing to do.

Mirabel's POV
"I haven't seen Y/n at all today," I say to Camilo.
"Same. Do you know what's wrong?" He says.
"No. You wanna stop by her house to make sure she's ok? I need to go get some fruit and we pass by her house on the way," I say.
"Sounds like a plan," Camilo says with a smile. We both start to walk down the street.
"You and her would be cute together," I say.
"What?" He says as he goes red. "No. We've only known each other for about a day. Plus she doesn't even like me like that," he says.
"You don't know that," I say.
"Neither do you," he says. We get to her house and we knock on the door. Her mom opens the door.
"Hi! I'm Mirabel and this is my cousin Camilo. We're friends with Y/n. Is she ok? We haven't seen her today," I say.
"Oh. Don't worry. She just has a little fever. You can come inside and talk to her if you want," her mom says opening the door a little more. I look at Camilo and he gives me a small nod.
"Sure!" I say. She steps aside and let's us in. She brings us to the stairs.
"If you go up the stairs, take a right and she is the first room. It will have fake vines around the door," she says.
"Thank you," Camilo says. We start walking up the steps to find the first door on the right. When we get there I can tell Camilo is a little concerned. He knocks on the door and almost immediately, someone answers.
"Come in!" Y/n says. We open the door and see her on her bed.

Y/n's POV
The door opens and I see Mirabel and Camilo.
"Hey," Mirabel says.
"How are you feeling?" Camilo says right after.
"Ehh. I'm so bored. My mom isn't letting me do anything until my fever goes down," I say.
"I can get my mom to make some food for you. It will get rid of the sickness,"
"Please do. I want to do something. It's so boring in here," I say.
"Camilo do you want to stay with her while I go run by my mom's house?" Mirabel asks.
"O-oh uhm yea sure," he says like he was caught by surprise. He lowers his head to hide the flush of pink on his cheeks.
"Ok. I'll be back as quick as possible," Mirabel says and she's walking out. "Hey! So I'm going to go get some food from my mom so Y/n's fever will go away if that's ok with you?" Mirabel asks my mom.
"Of course that's ok. I'll leave the door unlocked so you can just come back in whenever you get back," mom says.
"Ok. Thanks!" Mirabel says.
"So. What do you wanna do?" Camilo asks me.
"Let's play a game," I say with a smile.

A/N: Yall are some dirty minded people now that i'm looking at the comments. if ur thinking dirty then no it's not what ur thinking 😙