Chapter 8

"Oh uhm yea. Sorry you caught me off guard. But yes. I do," He says with a smile. "Do you?"
"Yes," I say returning a smile.
"Good. Where do you wanna go next?" He asks.
"Let's go to the park," I say.
"Alright," he says. He holds out a hand and I grab it. He leads me to the park and we sit down on the grass. I lay down and lies down next to me.
"That cloud looks like a bird," I say pointing at it.
"It looks like a horse," he says. He turns his head to look at me and I do the same. We both laugh and sit up. I see a few kids playing volleyball at the net.
"Come on," I say to him. I grab his hand and we run up to the kids. "Have room for two more players?" I ask.
"Yup! One of you can go on that side and the other can stay on this side so it's even," the kid says.
"I'll go to the other side," Camilo says as he starts to walk. The kid hands me the ball.
"Your serve," she says. I grab the ball and back up a little bit. I throw it up and jump. I aim the ball towards Camilo and it hits him hard. The kids seem shocked. So glad I played volleyball in middle school and freshman year of high school.
"You're supposed to hit it back!" I say to Camilo.
"It's harder than I thought," he says pouting a little bit. I roll my eyes and laugh. I get the ball again and do the same thing except I aim it to a different kid. The kid hits it in the air and his teammate hits it over. My teammate hits it to another one and they set it to me. I spike the ball right below a kids hands just out of there reach.
"Well kids, we gotta go," I say to them.
"But you barely played," my teammate says.
"Sadly. But bye guys!" I say waving to them. Camilo comes running up and waves to them.
"I didn't know you could play volleyball," he says as we are walking away.
"I played in middle school and a little bit in high school. But then I moved," I say.
"Oh. Well you're really good," he says.
"Thanks. What do you want to do?" I ask him.
"Come with me," he says. He brings me to another clothing store. "I want to pick an outfit for you," he says with a smirk.
"Only if I get to pick one for you," I say.
"Deal," he says. We go our separate ways to find outfits for each other.

A/N: Ik it's super short but I'm so tired and I really don't feel like keeping this a draft until I write some more. When we get to chapter 10 I wanna talk abt some things and what y'all wanna see next because while I'm the one writing, I am thinking about what y'all like.