Chapter 20

The next day

I spent the night with Camilo since my mom was fine with it. We ran by my house yesterday so I could pack some things. When I wake up Camilo's arms are around me. I turn to face him. I give him a small kiss and then pull back. As soon as I pull back he leans forward to give me another one. I start to stumble a little bit. "What's wrong? Are you ok?"
"No, I feel like I did at the gift ceremony but worse," I say faintly. I start to space out and feel nauseous.
"Come on, I'm getting to to Julieta," he says. He sweeps me up in my arms and carries me downstairs. "Tía Julieta! I need some food for
Y/n!"
"Has something happened to her?" Julieta asks worriedly.
"Yes. It happened at Antonio's gift ceremony. When Mirabel said something about the crack, Y/n started to feel weak. She was stumbling this morning and said that it was worse than it was at the ceremony," Camilo says still holding me while Julieta is making something quickly.
"You must talk about your Abuela about this," she says as she hands me the food. I take a bite and I already start to feel better.
"Are you ok now love?" He asks me. I nod. He sets me down and I stand beside him.
"Do you two want some breakfast?" Julieta asks. "I'm almost finished making some eggs and French toast," Camilo nods.
"Yes please," Camilo says. A couple minutes later she hands us plates of food.
I finish my plate and Camilo does the same. "Im gonna go find Mirabel," I say.
"Ok," he says.
"Thank you Julieta," I say.
"Of course. But you two must go to Abuela about this. If it has anything to do with the magic it could be dangerous. We both look at each other and nod. I go up to the nursery and knock on the door. No one answers. I open the door and Mirabel isn't in there. I close it and I see Pepa. "Have you seen Mirabel?" I ask.
"No," she says. I go downstairs and see Camilo.
"I can't find her,"
"Wonder where she is," he says. I nod. "Do you wanna stay for dinner? The Guzmans are coming over so Mariano can propose to Isabella," he says rolling his eyes.
"Sure," I say. A couple hours later I see Mirabel in a hurry. I go over to her but Abuela gets to her before I do. They talk about why she's in such a hurry. Then Luisa comes. She's emotional saying stuff about how she's losing her gift. She walks away crying and then Abuela leaves Mirabel. I go up to her. "Where have you been all day?" I ask worried and annoyed.
"Oh uhm," she says hesitantly. I raise an eyebrow. "Come with me," she says before dragging me to the nursery. She pulls out the pieces of Bruno's vision. She shows me the one that has me in it.
"Why am I in Bruno's vision?" I ask.
"I don't know. But from what I've heard about him I don't think it's good," she says. Pepa comes bursting in with a cloud over her head. Mirabel and I cover the pieces of the vision from her sight. She bends down to get the rest of Antonio's things and as soon as she isn't looking I scoop the pieces into Mirabel's bag. "Are you ok? You have a cloud," Mirabel asks. Pepa takes a deep breath.
"I was just coming to get the rest of Antonio's things then I heard the name we do not speak," she says.
"About that. If Bruno-" Mirabel starts to say before she's cut off by Pepa's returning cloud. "If he had a vision about someone what would that mean?" She says correcting herself.
"Mirabel, we don't talk about Bruno,"
"Yea, but I just wanna know if it's generally positive or generally negative,"
"We. Don't. Talk. About. Bruno." Pepa says. Felix comes bursting in ranting about Bruno. "Felix! We don't talk about Bruno," Pepa says before explaining how Bruno ruined her wedding. Soon, Delores pulls us away and tells what Bruno did. Camilo gets a hold of us and tells us about Bruno.
"He told me my fish would die, the next day, dead!" A lady says.
"He told me I'd grow a gut! And just like he said!" Another person says.
"He said what all my hair would disappear now look at my head," a man says.
"Your fate is sealed when your prophecy is read!" They all say. Isabella goes on about how he told her that her life would be perfect and that her power would grow. Delores explains how she was told that the man of her dreams would be just out of reach. The memories of everything that we were told replay in our head over and over again. We put the prophecy together like a puzzle just to see me standing in the middle in front of Casita with cracks in it. Shocked. Mirabel and I look at each other.
"He's here!" They all say.
"Why did I talk about Bruno?" Mirabel asks me.
"I never should brought up Bruno!" I say. Knock knock knock. "The Guzmans are here," I say to Mirabel with wide eyes.