Chapter 23

Camilo runs up and hugs me. "Can barely breath-" I say before he puts me down.

"Right sorry. I'm just glad you're ok," He says. Pepa comes up to me and the rest of the family follows her. She hugs me.

"I'm gonna go find Isabella," Miracle says.

"Ok. Goodluck, and you got this," I say. The family and I sit down in the living room and I start to talk to them about how it felt. "Every time there were cracks, I felt like my body was going collapse,"

"Oh Y/n, You should've told us. We could've found something to help it." Pepa says.

"I know. but I was worried that people would blame me for the cracks in Casita," I say.

"We would never blame you," Camilo says as he puts a hand on my thigh. He looks at me and smiles.

"What is going on?!" Abuela says from another room. We all go into the room and see Isabella and Mirabel in a pile of flowers, covered in rainbow powder. Mirabel is trying to explain to her how they are gonna save the miracle. "What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" Abuela yells.

"Please just... Isabela wasn't happy. And sh-" Mirabel tries to say before she gets cut off.

"Of course she isn't happy. You and Y/n ruined her proposal," Abuela says. I look to the ground and Camilo puts his arm around my shoulders.

"No no no. She needed us to ruin her proposal, and then we did all this! And the candle burned brighter and the cracks! That's why Y/n's in the vision. She brought us together!" Mirabel says.

"Mirabel,"

"We are saving the miracle."

"You have to stop Mirabel!" Abuela says. Isabela comes to stand next to Luisa. "The cracks started with Y/n. Bruno left, because of her. Luisa's losing her powers. Isabela's out of control. Because of her!" She says pointing to me. I walk over and stand by Mirabel. "I don't know why you weren't given a gift, and why she came into our lives, but it is not an excuse for you two to hurt this family!" Abuela yells. Cracks start appearing in the walls and the ground shakes lightly. I start to feel weak.

"I will never be good enough for you. Will I? No matter how hard I try. No matter how hard any of us tries. Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough. Y/n will never be normal enough." She says. I look at her. "Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him," Mirabel says.

"Bruno didn't care about this family!"

"He loves this family. I love this family. We all love this family. Y/n loves this family. You're the one that doesn't care. You're the on breaking our home." Mirabel says as cracks fill the walls.

"Don't you ever-"

" The miracle is dying, because of you," Mirabel says. Abuela gasps. A crack comes in between Mirabel and I and Abuela. The crack floats up the walls to the candle. The candle falls and the house shakes. I fall to my knees. J helps me up and we look at each other before we start running up there. I struggle to run but she helps me along the way.

"Casita! Get us up there!" I say. Casita lowers the railing for us to use as a ladder. I climb up it and Mirabel follows. Camilo comes running from the second floor dodging falling pillars. Isabela uses a flower rope to swing up there but she doesn't make it. Casita helps her to the ground. Camilo tries to jump but he shape shifts back to himself. He starts to fall. "Camilo!" I say looking at him. He grabs onto a ladder so he won't fall as hard. I turn away and start climbing again. I make it up and try to reach for the candle. Mirabel makes it up and she looks at the land. Mountains and trees, falling. She sees Bruno make it out of the house safely. Felix runs to save Antonio.