Chapter 7

Y/n's POV
I can't believe I just did that. In front of Mirabel to. At least I got him back. I think as I walk back upstairs to go take a quick nap. I lay back down and turn all of my lights off to go to sleep. When I wake up I look at the clock in my room. It's already 3:07 pm. I get up and I feel much better. I take my temperature and it's gone back to normal. Thank you Julieta. I put on a blue shirt with some white jeans.. I put on my tennis shoes and put my hair into a high ponytail. I run downstairs and I see my mom. "Hey mom is it ok if I go look at some stores? I won't spend to much," I ask.
"Sure. Just make sure you don't take too long," she says.
"Ok thanks! Bye!" I say as she waves. I start walking down the street until I see a clothing store.
"Hello!" The man at the front desk says as I walk in.
"Hello," I say back. I look around at the clothes and I see Camilo walk into the store. He sees me and walks over. "Hey," I say.
"Hey. You look better,"
"I feel better too," I say. He laughs. "So. Wanna hang out tonight?" I ask.
"Yea sure. You could come over for dinner if you want," he says.
"Yea of course," I say. "We should match," I say looking at a cute light orange shirt. It's a little cropped in the front but not by much. He smiles.
"Let's do it," he says. I take the shirt off the rack and go to try it on. He's waiting outside of the fitting room. When I walk out I see him. We both stand in front of the mirror. Me with my white jeans and orange shirt, him with his white pants and orange poncho. "I think we look pretty good," he says.
"Yea," I say. "I'm gonna go change back and buy this," I walk back into the changing room and put on my blue shirt. I walk up to the check out and see a cute orange bandana. I take the bandana and add it to my stuff. Camilo pulls out some money. "I got it," I say.
"No. Let me buy it for you,"
"But you already bought me the bracelet,"
"Still,"
"Are you sure? I can pay for it," I say.
"Positive," he says handing the sales person the money. "Plus, you gave me the bread," he says. The person hands me the shirt and bandana and we go.
"Thank you. Really," I say.
"Of course," he says.
"Wanna get something small to eat?" I ask.
"Yea. I'm starving," he says.
"Ok. How about ice cream?"
"That sounds so good right now," he says. He takes my hand and leads me to the ice cream shop. We walk in.
"Hello Camilo!" The person says to him.
"Hello Sam," he says.
"What can I get for you two?" Sam asks.
"I'm gonna get chocolate ice cream," Camilo says.
"Cone or cup?" Sam asks.
"Cone,"
"Basic," I whisper to Camilo. He scoffs and I let out a small laugh.
"And how about you?" Sam asks.
"I'm gonna get vanilla ice cream with sprinkles,"
"Cup or cone?"
"Cone," I say.
"Alright," Sam says.
"How much?" Camilo asks.
"For free. My friend is finally on a date so I'll give him the ice cream for free," Sam says.
"It's not a date," Camilo says. We both turn a little red.
"It should be," Sam says handing us the ice cream.
"Thanks man," Camilo says.
"Thank you," I say.
"You're welcome," he says. We walk out of the ice cream shop.
"And how are you gonna call me basic when you literally get vanilla with sprinkles?" Camilo asks. He wipes a little bit of ice cream on my face. I laugh and a huge smile appears on my face. I wipe the ice cream off.
"What Sam said. Do you want it to be a date?" I ask him.