Ch.26

Typing away into the console, Soundwave expertly located Nightfall's current location as the femme was in motion. That one tiny red dot blinking and moving as it came from the eastern hemisphere. The silent mech stared at the screens before him, it's lights reflecting on his dark visor as his slender digits hovered over the button.
No one will suspect a thing as the command center was empty, and no one would dare spy on him since it's his job to do that and report directly to Lord Megatron.

With a tap on the key, a groundbridge whirled to life a few meters beside him.

During mid-flight Nightfall saw a groundbridge open up ahead of her and wasted no time speeding up and disappearing into the swirling green vortex.
As she transformed she looked at the sparklings which was tucked away in her alt mode.

The said sparklings were still sound asleep and it brought a tiny smile on Nightfall's face. That is until she looked up to see Soundwave silently staring at her.

"Soundwave...." The femme knew the mech wasn't entirely fond of her but she can't help but worry what exactly is he going to do now that she's back on the Nemesis with her newborn sparklings.

Soundwave continued to stare at the femme seeker before tilting his helm sideways and pointing a slender digit at the newborns.

"Inquiry: Where did you find them?" The commander asked in multiple recorded voices.

Nightfall slowly got up from her crouching position and looked down at her sparklings

".... They're mine." The femme said in a serious tone, her gaze bore through Soundwave's visor.

The said mech's optics widened behind his visor, if those are her sparklings then that would mean

Megatron has heirs.

The femme bore him heirs.

"....Soundwave, surely you won't let his liege get rid of them... I'll raise them on my own and turn them into warriors to serve Lord Megatron-"

The thought alone was enough for Soundwave to confirm his plans. In fact, he'll do the opposite. He will present the femme and the sparklings to his lord, and then they will get rid of those traitors lurking amongst their ranks.

It is the only way.

Without any further adieu, Soundwave grabbed Nightfall's wrist and took her away to the medbay, causing her to yelp and steady her grip on the sparklings as she was dragged through the Nemesis's hallways.

He wants to make sure the heirs are safe and unharmed during their carrier's escape.

The automatic doors opened, revealing the cherry red doctor cleaning his equipment.

"Back so soon? If I may recall the squad left just a few moments ago-..." Knockout's jaw hung open when he saw Soundwave and Nightfall came in his medbay.

"Primus, you are alive! Everyone on the ship thought you were dead or had deserted! But thank the stars you are alive!" He exclaimed, watching as Soundwave ushered the femme onto the med berth and then turning to Knockout

"Attend to the sparklings" He commanded, much to the medic's confusion until his optics fell on the sleeping pair of sparklings that he only realized just now.

"Oh- Uhh.. Of course" Knockout said as he took the sparklings from Nightfall's arms and went somewhere in the room to look for something to place them in.

Nightfall was still tired from the entirety of her escape journey and was losing her vision by the minute. The more she resisted, the darker it became each second.

"Knockout..."

"Yes, what is it? I'm trying to look for something to place these scra- ahem...I meant... Little ones in.."

".....Watch over them for me for a while..." Nightfall said before she passed out on the berth.

The last thing she heard was the frantic calls of the doctor.

____

He watched as his troops blocked the wretched Autobots' path, swarming them as they shot their blasters at them. Making plasma bullets rain down on their armor, Megatron hummed in satisfaction as he stood at a higher platform, with Nightshade by his side awaiting her leader's command as those autobots killed the vehicons one after another and now taking the upper ground.

Nightshade growled as she watched the pathetic troops becoming smaller and smaller in numbers and turned to her master.

"My lord, we must do something about this! All the dark energon are loaded on the ship we could-"

"Are you afraid?" Megatron asked rather calmly as he stared onto the battlefield as his red optics slowly fell down on Nightshade's smaller frame making the femme flinch and cower slightly under Megatron's scrutinizing gaze.

"N-no my lord, I was merely suggesting a better option rather than waste infantry on the enemy..."

"Then what are you standing there for?! GO!!"

The femme's wings flicked upwards in alertness and was seemed to be in a daze by what her master meant. Only for a large clawed servo to grab her by the helm and threw her off the cliff that they were standing.

Nightshade let out a shriek as she was unexpectedly thrown off the cliff, feeling the air travel through her wings and the weight of gravity on her, only then did she transformed into her alt mode.

"That pathetic excuse of welded scrapheap!!! If only you weren't the leader I would have torn you to shreds!!" Nightshade screamed to no one but herself as she dove towards the swarm of drones, the femme seeker brought out her blasters and began shooting at the autobots.

"Incoming!" Arcee shouted to the others as she stared at the decepticon femme who transformed and swung her talons at the smaller autobot femme. The said autobot grunted as she tumbled backwards, energon leaking from her face as the new gash marks bled profusely.

Arcee watched as droplets of energon hit the solid ground before slowly raising her helm at Nightshade. The rest of the team were too busy fighting but Bulkhead noticed them on the corner of his optics

"Arcee!!" He yelled and was about to rush to her aid but got shot by a bunch of decepticon drones, although they didn't deal much damage to him, it still prevented him from rushing to his teammate

"Focus on the enemy for now, Bulk! There's another storm coming." Wheeljack said as another set of aerial drones came for backup.

The decepticon femme only smirked as she flexed her talons.

"You and your team had been pestering his lordship for a while now" Nightshade spoke as she proudly examined the energon coating the sharp edges of her talons

"And it gets really...really... Tiresome." She continued as she sprinted towards the smaller femme to deal another blow but Arcee was quicker and moved out of the way before Nightshade could even deform her face.

"Why don't you tell Megatron to just pack up and leave this planet for good, there's not enough room for insects here on Earth you know" Arcee retorted with a mocking grin on her face

"Oh you'll tell him yourself once I'm done with you."

The battlefield was raging with Megatron's troops and Optimus' team, fighting until they die even if they are severely wounded. Megatron wanted each and every last dark energon mined from the area and the last few crates are yet to be loaded onto the ship. He found a large mine and he wouldn't about to let it the Autobots ruin it for him, for eons has he searched for ways to acquire more power and now that it is within his grasp, he wouldn't about to let it go.

Suddenly, his comm. link beeped, signalling an incoming call from the center.

"Soundwave. This better be important than what I am dealing right now." Megatron growled as he pressed his digits at the side of his helm, listening to what Soundwave has to report.

There was a moment of static silence before Soundwave's recorded voice spoke.

"She has returned."