Chapter 6 (Rewrite)

The sound of blades clashing and grinding against each other was the only sound that seemed to pass through their audios as the two leaders fought.

Megatron took advantage of the opening and landed a swift kick on the Prime's abdomen. Making the other stagger backwards whilst clutching the spot where he was previously kicked.

Machines that can feel pain and emotions. Seems like an amazing combination to human science.

But not for them.

"I'll offer you a chance to retreat while you still can, Optimus. I'm afraid you and your puny little comrades won't be getting any energon from me. "

Optimus locked his gaze onto Megatron's crimson red optics. Holding evident malice and greed.

As expected from a warlord.

The battle would have gone longer if it weren't for the injuries the Autobots had during the battle, they cannot risk any casualties and thus retreated, going through the ground bridge that they immediately requested.

Seeing that they won over that little gun and sword fight, Megatron couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

His opponent clearly is the best rival for him. And never disappointed him in every battle that's why he would always look forward till the next one.

...

Within the gloomy halls of the warship, Nightfall was in her quarters. Having no form of entertainment inside but to stare at the dim purple light on the ceiling.

Sighing, the femme seeker got up from her berth and exited the room as she made her way to the deck.

Though she did not expect the silver tyrant to arrive at exactly the same time she made her way up there.
Was it coincidence? Let's hope so.

Megatron transformed into his regular form and saw the femme before him, knowing the behavior of his officers through his observation and of course, Soundwave's reports. Nightfall was never the kind of soldier to get close with him.

So obviously she's not here to tattle or greet him like Starscream does just for the sake of praise and approval

It's always business with this femme whenever the others were around and he wonders what would she be like all alone.

"And where would you be heading, Nightfall?"

He asked in a casual tone, but with the authority he has. No doubt his army would cower just by the sound of his voice, just like how the silence will make you wary

And that's how exactly Nightfall feels at the moment. As she seemed to be frozen on spot while looking at her leader standing before her with all his might.

Snapping out of it, the femme finally gave a reply

"I was going out for a simple flight, my lord, but if you have orders to give. I will gladly do so. "

Humming, the warlord stared down at her. If she were to be his only candidate, then granting her the desire to spread her wings should be no harm.

"Shouldn't you at least inform a superior first before leaving the Nemesis? "

Nightfall's wings slightly lowered, she was so caught up with the need for flying and informing someone would just be a waste of time, it's not like she's deserting the army.

"Well then. I will allow you to leave. But. "

She was relieved when she heard the first sentence and then there's that 'But'

Oh primus let it not be extra work, it's already tiring as it is-

"I will have to accompany you. "

Wait, did she hear that right? I mean it isn't everyday the Great and Mighty Megatron is accompanying you.

But what concerned the femme most is the thought of being caught suspicious, her daily performance didn't leak any information of her secret rebellion did it? Guess she'll have to see for herself.

"As you wish, my lord"

Walking over to the edge, both cybertronians transformed and immediately soared through the air.

But Megatron just flew normally, no extra manuevers and such. His alt mode wasn't made for that anyways.

Nightfall on the other hand tried her best not to perform those tricks, which was really hard as she was a seeker, and the sky was everything to them, depriving them of their nature would just make them go insane... Well as far as insanity goes.

But alas, the femme couldn't contain it any longer and sped up, soaring higher, leaving trails of the tip of her jet wings in a spiral form before falling into a nose dive.

Megatron was surprised to be honest, he may have seen seekers back in Cybertron performing the same tricks or maybe even better mid air. But he has never seen it up close, until now.

They were really made for the skies.

...

W

ho knows how long they have soared through the clouds, but they both have something more important to do than just flying.

So they have to return to the ship after their little break.

Landing back on the flight deck, Megatron glanced at his Air Commander, who had the look of satisfaction on her face, not really that noticeable but from how her wings were tilted high, it was enough to tell him otherwise.

"It was a beautiful performance. "

He stated as he walked past her, venturing into the large yet dark halls of the Nemesis as if it was the abyss swallowing him.

The femme seeker silently watched the other disappear in sight, she might have been caught in the moment to completely forget that she wasn't alone.

But then again, she was relieved that the warlord didn't suspect her of anything, which means she's still far away from Starscream's dreaded position in the warlord's optics.