Before Everything Changes

 Author's Note: Sharing some amazing art this week from @gaypenguinhaslimes of Mully in his human and cat form

 Author's Note: Sharing some amazing art this week from @gaypenguinhaslimes of Mully in his human and cat form. I absolutely ADORE this!!!!  Mully's outfit is so cute! Happy New Year everyone!

Wheeler was back there again, the bodies ripping apart before his very eyes.

He could hear their anguished screams, frightened and desperate as they echoed around him. All Wheeler could do was stand there, petrified, powerless to stop the slaughter.

He saw Milton's severed head before him once more. This time however, the professor opened his mouth, that thick black fluid spilling from his lips.

"Mister Trevil," he choked through the liquid, "you let them die."

"I'm sorry," Wheeler sobbed. "I'm so sorry. I tried to save them--"

"Liar," Milton spat. "You just saved yourself, you selfish, selfish little boy."

And then Milton's face exploded, the blood violently splattering across Wheeler's face, drenching him in it.

Wheeler jerked awake, screaming. Desperately he began kicking and thrashing in the sheets, feeling like the blood was still dripping from him.

"Wheeler," a voice came from his side. "You're in the academy. You're safe. Just... breathe."

"Mully," Wheeler choked, his chest heaving frantically as his head whipped around in the darkness. "Mully?!"

"It's okay. I'm right here."

Wheeler let out a low breath, finally seeing Mulock beside him. At last his mind began to clear, leaving Wheeler panting in a cold sweat.

The bed was utterly destroyed, the pillows thrown from it, the sheets tangled in his legs. Wheeler buried his face in his hands, his shoulders still trembling from the nightmare. "I'm sorry," he whispered hoarsely.

The demon's eyes glowed a deep purple in the darkness. He didn't say anything, grabbing for one of the blankets Wheeler had kicked to the floor. Gently, he pulled it back over Wheeler's shoulders. "There's no need to apologize. Just try to get some rest."