The Toad Deviant

The girl's friends exchanged a series of awkward glances.

"Priscilla," one said slowly, "is everything okay?"

"No," the girl, Priscilla, snapped. "This so-called 'student' is actually a horrible toad carrying deviant who was forcefully removed from the entrance exam."

"Okaaaaay," another girl replied, rolling her eyes.

"Okay? Just okay? Violet, this is a serious issue!" Priscilla exclaimed, still pointing at Wheeler who remained frozen over the cake tray. "We can't just let him get away with this. We need to report him."

"Well, you can go and do that I guess," Violet said, crossing her arms. "But we're going back to play the welcome games. That super cute boy I saw during the exam is there." The other girls nodded in agreement.

"There's more important things to think of than boys right now," Priscilla protested, placing her hands on her hips.

"No, no there really isn't," Violet retorted. "Bye Priscilla, have fun with your 'toad deviant' or whatever." And with that the pack of girls turned and left.

"Now look what you did," Priscilla muttered. "Do you have any idea how hard I worked to get them to hang out with me? Now they're going to think I'm some kind of lunatic!" Her eyes narrowed. "But don't think I plan on giving up. I'm going to make sure you get dragged out of here once and for all."

Wheeler anxiously grabbed a pastry and shoved it into his mouth, stress eating the gooey baked good as he attempted to formulate an excuse.

"Lishen, how can you proof anyfin," he mumbled, his words distorted from the amount of dessert currently stuffed into his mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full. It's very rude," Priscilla said sharply.

Wheeler swallowed hard.

"Sorry," he stammered. "Um...but how can you prove anything? You don't even know for sure I'm the 'toad deviant' you're looking for."

"Isn't it evidence enough that you have the same ugly toad."

"Hey, Mister Pumpernickel isn't ugly," Wheeler blurted, "he's considered very handsome by toad beauty standards--"

"AHA!"

Wheeler gasped, his hand immediately flying to cover his mouth.

"That's exactly what you said during the entrance exam," Priscilla said with a triumphant grin. "Oh you are sooooo totally screwed. Just you wait till I get my hands on proof!" She let out a low, almost maniacal sounding laugh. "You're doomed, toad boy--" And that's when she suddenly froze, her eyes going wide as her cheeks flushed a bright shade of scarlet. Without so much as a warning Priscilla immediately dived under the dessert table, her little Mary Jane shoes only half visible beneath the silk table cloth.

"What are you doing?" Wheeler stammered, nervously glancing around. "Is something going on?"

"Shhhh," Priscilla hissed. "Whatever you do, don't let her know I'm here!"

"What? Who?"

That's when Wheeler saw the tall female guard making her way towards the academy doors. The moment she slipped inside Priscilla finally crawled out from beneath the table, her cheeks still flushed.

"Um, everything okay?" Wheeler asked awkwardly.

"Yeah," Priscilla mumbled, smoothing down her skirt. "I just err...I suppose I just panicked a little."

Wheeler blinked. "Why?"

"None of your business, toad boy."

"I mean..." Wheeler said slowly. "It's not like I would ever tell anyone." He chuckled, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "I don't have any friends."