Don't F*ck With Cats

There was a loud rustle as Wheeler and Mulock's heads popped up from the bushes surrounding the outskirts of the Imperial Academy of Magic.

The new students were beginning to file through the massive gate, ivy twisting around its rusted, iron frame. Stationed at either side were two guards. One was a large mountain of a man, the other a tall young woman with short black hair that fell to her ears.

"We'll have to be careful, the two of them will probably beat the living daylights out of us if we screw this up," Mulock murmured. "Have you picked the student you want to switch with?"

Wheeler shook his head. "No, not yet. Everyone seems too nice."

"Yeah, well in order to achieve your goals you need to learn that sometimes it's okay to screw people over," Mulock said sharply. "It's not like the walking stereotype of a horrible bully is just going to just show up--"

"Out of my way twerp," a deep voice suddenly roared from the front of the gate. Mulock and Wheeler's attention immediately snapped in time to see a large boy shove a smaller one into the dirt in order to make it to the entrance first. He looked a few years younger than Wheeler but already appeared almost twice as big.

Wheeler's eyes widened, beginning to pull on Mulock's sleeve. "Him! That's the one!" God, he sounded like a child picking out the perfect puppy at the store.

"Well, what are the freaking odds," Mulock breathed. "You might not have a single talent to your name, but you sure seem gifted in sheer dumb luck."

"He looks like such a jerk," Wheeler observed, eyes still glued to the bully. "Like the kinda kid that beats up kittens for fun."

Mulock smirked. "Perfect. Let's hope that's exactly what he does."

"What?!" Wheeler gasped. "That's horrible!"

"But not for us," Mulock pointed out. His gaze darted to the guards who were currently checking over the boy's acceptance paperwork. "On the count of three I'm putting the plan into motion. You remember everything, right?"

Wheeler gave a small nod.

"Alright good." The demon's eyes narrowed. "And let me be crystal clear, if you screw this up for us I'm eating Mister Pumpernickel."

Wheeler gasped. "You wouldn't!?"

The toad let out a horrified croak from beneath Wheeler's hat.

"Don't test me. Alright on three. One, two, three..."

And with that Mulock sprung forward. As he moved through the air his body began to shift and alter. When the demon finally hit the ground standing there was no longer a boy but a slender white cat.

Quietly Mulock stalked forward, slowly moving towards the bully who was beginning to make his way through the gates. Just as he'd hoped, the guards didn't even glance at Mulock as he slipped between the legs of the incoming students. And then, when at last his target stood directly before him— he struck.

The cat leapt into the air, his teeth coming down hard against the boy's bottom. This action was met with a loud screech from the victim, causing everyone in proximity to frantically turn to see what had caused the commotion.

"MY ARSE!" the boy shrieked. "THAT CAT JUST BIT MY BLOODY ARSE!"

This declaration was met first by stunned silence, then a series of quiet snorts of laughter.

"YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!?" the boy continued to scream. "I HAVE A CAT STUCK TO MY BLOODY BOTTOM!"

This was followed by even more laughter.

He finally managed to fling Mulock off who gracefully landed on his feet.

"You stupid cat!" the boy bellowed. "You've made me the laughing stock of the whole school!" A dark expression flashed across the bully's features now, his hands curling into fists. "Well let me tell you something, you bit the wrong person's arse today you mangy beast."

Mulock hissed at him.

"I'M GONNA RIP YOUR STUPID LITTLE BODY LIMB FROM LIMB!"

Hook, line, and sinker.

Mulock lunged backwards, beginning to race towards the woods. Exactly as he'd expected, the stupid boy clamored after him, the other students still giggling as he pushed his way through them.

Mulock quickly leapt and bounded through the underbrush, entering into the forest with the boy huffing and puffing close behind. Soon he was almost to the location they'd decided on. If Wheeler had messed this up he was going to strangle that kid (and his little toad too).

"I'm gonna get you, stupid cat," the boy shouted as Mulock darted around a tree. The boy rushed to follow, unaware of the small X that had been roughly traced into the dirt.

The second his foot hit the spot Wheeler suddenly swung down from a branch.

"Sleep fairy dust attack! MWAHAHAHA!" he cheered, emptying the little yellow pouch from the fairy belt over the boy's head. It sparkled and shimmered as it cascaded down, causing the boy to sputter and cough as it covered him. Mulock and Wheeler watched with bated breath, waiting for him to collapse into a deep slumber as planned.

And then suddenly the boy began to rise into the air.

Mulock's eyes widened in horror.

The boy had begun to scream, flailing his pudgy arms and legs as he floated higher and higher.

"What the hell did you do?" Mulock hissed.

"I don't know," Wheeler stammered. "I used the sleeping fairy dust just like you said. Unless I..." He glanced back down to the belt, his face paling. "Oh no...I think I used the flying one by mistake!"

"You think?!?" the demon barked. "Hmm, maybe the fact that the boy is currently both awake and airborne could have been a hint!"

"Hold on, I can fix this!" Wheeler blurted. He grabbed for the blue pouch as the boy started to float past him, throwing a handful of fairy dust in his face. The boy immediately stopped screaming, his eyes rolling back into his head before he let out a loud snore.

"Oh great," Mulock said dryly. "So now we have a flying and unconscious boy. That's not creepy at all.

"I thought maybe they would cancel each other out," Wheeler mumbled, jumping from the branch and grabbing the boy's legs to drag him down.

Just like this stupid kid to give him yet another mess to cleanup.

Wheeler's soul had better be worth it.