I ; THE NIGHT SHIFT

𝟭:𝟯𝟮𝗮𝗺

ATTACHED TO THE LUXURY APARTMENT WAS A WHOLE FOODS

ATTACHED TO THE LUXURY APARTMENT WAS A WHOLE FOODS. it was never really busy and the check out counters were obnoxiously loud, but the job was decent. you got to pick the music that played on the intercoms and got an employee discount so you couldn't really complain.

it was another late night shift for you as a h/c haired college student, so there you sat at your register in your black hoodie that was two sizes too big reading a book for your literature class. every so often you would sniffle as a shiver went up your spine but that was interrupted by the sound of the automatic doors opening.

you didn't lift her head up and just continued to read through your book with your tired e/c eyes as the group of three walked into the store.

"jeez, what happened to customer service?" a tall blond man muttered as he stuffed his hands into his pockets deeper.

"why do ya even care? ya never say hi back anyways." a man who looked identical to the blond but with grey hair commented with a scoff.

"no. it's one o'clock in the morning. we're not doing this shit, we're just here for popcorn and juice." a tired voice from a man with dark brown hair said who was also impressively tall said. he yawned as he tossed the box of microwave popcorn into his bag.

the trio made their way through the store, while occasionally dropping things not on the list into the bag. once they had everything, they went up to the only open register: yours.

the dark haired man put his basket on the conveyer belt, grabbing your attention from your book. when you looked up at him with your oh so tired eyes his heart skipped a beat, but he didn't notice. with a sigh you put your book down and started scanning the items, tiredly.

"sorry, didn't know we were inconveniencin' ya." the blond said sarcastically making you glare up at him.

the dark haired man looked over at him with a glare of his own. "don't be a fucking asshole atsumu." he then directed his attention to you, "sorry about him, he's not house trained."

atsumu rolled his eyes with a scoff, "fuck off suna—stop laughin' samu!" he exclaimed as he sunk further into his hoodie.

"i...really don't care." you said through a yawn, "your total is $20.73. cash or card?"

"card."

as the three old teammates rode in the elevator, suna decided to share his "groundbreaking" epiphany. "the cashier was kinda hot."

the twins looked between each other then back at suna. "no. and she was rude." atsumu said with furrowed eyebrows. aside from being an amazing setter, dude could hold a grudge.

"i dunno know, she's not really my type so she's all yers." osamu said as looked down at his feet. "she looks like someone ya'd go for."

"if he's a necrophiliac!" atsumu exclaimed, "she looked like she was dyin'—like a tim burton character."

osamu and suna let out a few chuckles.

"i'm not complaining. i do like the corpse bride." suna shrugged with a small smile as osamu shoved him before leaving the elevator. "what? don't try and tell me she wasn't hot!"