XV ; STRAWBERRIES

𝟵:𝟱𝟳𝗮𝗺

THE MORNING SUN THAT HAD BECOME FAMILIAR OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS GREETED YOU

THE MORNING SUN THAT HAD BECOME FAMILIAR OVER THE PAST FEW DAYS GREETED YOU. your eyes fluttered open as you sat up and stretched with a groan. slipping on your tweety bird slippers, that suna had not stopped teasing you about, you made your way to the living room. upon entering you found said man scrolling on his phone.

the sound of your shuffling caught his attention causing him to look up from his phone. "you look so beautiful in the mornings," he said earning a pointed look from you.

your old band tee that was two sizes too big was twisted to the side as your pajamas pants hung off of your hips lazily. to top it all off your face screamed exhaustion, but the kind you have after a good sleep that makes you want to crawl back into bed for "five more minutes."

"kill yourself," you said as you rubbed your eyes and walked over to see what he was doing. when you peered over his shoulder at his phone you let out a displeased groan, "i'm sick of takeout," you whined irritatedly.

"...but i want strawberry pancakes," he said as he looked up at you from the couch.

"you have a fridge full of fresh fruit that looks like it came from the farmers' market," you said as you walked over to the stainless steel appliance. "do you not know how to cook?"

"i actually did get it from a farmer...my friend gives me stuff from his farm." his chin rested on the edge of the back of the couch as he looked over at you. "no not really, my mom always insisted on doing the cooking. she never let my dad, sister, or me in the kitchen," he shrugged.

you hummed as you looked into the fridge before you started pulling out ingredients. "well i'll teach you because all i did was cook," you said as you moved on to look for a mixing bowl.

he groaned as he dragged himself into the kitchen next to you. he washed his hands and dried them properly, but not before splashing you which earned him a round of curses.

after a lot of diligent preparation and him swearing he could cook, but not breakfast, the pancakes were nearly ready to be cooked.

"okay so just put the strawberries and wet stuff in the mixer with the batter and then turn it on," you said as you went to start preheating the pan on the stove.

"stop talking to me like i'm stupid," he said as he rolled his eyes and began to turn on the mixer.

"...i literally just gave you directi-"

suddenly a cloud of white dust exploded in the kitchen. coughs could be heard from both parts of your duo, as suna quickly scrambled to turn off the kitchen aid.

as he peeled his eyes open he saw that the dry ingredients were on your...everything! from your
h/c hair all the way to your slippers. as his eyes drifted back to your face he was met with a vexed expression.

"...my bad."

"you're cleaning this."

"yeah..." he said as laughs began to bubble out of him. in a rare moment he showed off his full fledged smile; eyes crinkled shut paired with smile lines. however, you felt so...gross that you couldn't even enjoy the moment like he did.

"when i get out of the shower this better be clean," you stated as you walked out of the kitchen and back to your room.

he watched as you walked away before turning to start cleaning, "when i get out of the shower this better be clean," he mocked in a high pitched voice.

"you're such a bitch!" you shouted out over the sound of running water.

"okay so i flip it now?"

"mmm yeah," you watched as suna flipped the final pancake to finish cooking. after a nice shower, you were able to calm yourself and coming back to a clean kitchen was a plus.

"and there you go," you said with a small smile as he placed the final pancake in the stack. "now you can save some money."

"okay maybe you're right," he said with a short chuckle as he pulled two plates out of the cabinet. "as a thank you, i'll take you to my friends farm soon."

you shrugged as you grabbed the bottle of syrup, "or you could let me pick what we watch on tv."

he looked over at you with a raised eyebrow,
"...no-hey!" he exclaimed as you quickly grabbed the remote with a soft laugh.