XII ; SHE'S HOME

𝟱:𝟯𝟮𝗽𝗺

"WHAT THE HELL," you seethed through your teeth as you opened your dorm door to see three familiar, but freakishly tall men

"i don't like ya," atsumu deadpanned as he looked down at you, but you simply rolled your eyes with a scoff and pushed them into your dorm. "suna forces us ta take time out of our busy schedules ta help ya, and this is how ya treat us?"

"i didn't ask him to make you fucking come here," you said meanly as you turned back to your room that looked as if it had been ran through by a tornado. boxes covered the floor as clothes acted as bedsheets.

"and i didn't force your ass to come," suna said as he smacked atsumu on the side of his head, making the faux blond flinch. "i came to ask samu to use his truck and you invited yourself. you chose to hear 'college' and 'girls' selectively."

"..." atsumu narrowed his eyes and grunted as he knew he was in the wrong.

"let us help ya—as an apology for tsumu's shitty attitude," osamu offered as you still had your back turned.

with a tired sigh you turned around, "basically everything is packed except for the clothes on my bed right now."

"so everything sealed is good ta go?" osamu asked as he began walking over a stack of boxes that you had set up.

"yeah," you drawled as you looked around your dorm in thought. "but i can't take my couch, so i gotta stop at the thrift if we can?"

"no," atsumu said as his brother forced boxes into his arms.

"i'm gonna box you," suna said to the faux blond as he picked up a few boxes. "let's start packing up the truck."

after several sneaky trips through the hallways and down to the parking lot, your dorm was completely empty. you felt a mixture of emotions as you looked around the naked room; it was suffocating but freeing; nerve wracking but zen in its own way.

"you ready?" suna asked as he stood beside you with his hands in his pockets.

with a hesitant nod, you closed the door and left the room key in the floating bin next to your old dorm door.

as you two walked down the hallway, an unsettling silence encapsulated you that he took notice of. once in the elevator he asked, "are you okay?"

you simply shrugged not allowing your gaze to leave from the old plastic buttons in front of you, "i don't know," the door opened, "but i will be."

"...you know my offer still stands."

a questioning hum left your lips as you looked over at him.

"you can always come stay at my place, i don't mind—"

"it's fine," you said rather quickly and harshly, "but thanks."

"fuckin' finally," atsumu breathed out as he placed the final box from his twin's truck on your porch.

"ya act like it was so drainin' for ya—gimme a break," osamu scolded as he closed up the back of his truck.

"thank you," you said grabbing the boys' attention, "i appreciate it." you avoided their gazes as you felt your eyes burn, opting to mess with the ends of your hoodie.

"it's no problem," osamu smiled, "i apologize for tsumu's blabberin'"

"HEY-"

"anything," suna spoke up, "let me know if you need anything," he nodded as he walked up to you.

you nodded, "sure, and i'll text you my new work schedule so you don't come when i'm not there like the idiot you are," a soft smile appeared on your lips.

"you're too good to me," the dark haired boy said as he clutched his chest dramatically.

"i hate ta cut this short," atsumu started as he looked up from his apple watch, "but i gotta show ta watch that comes on soon."

suna rolled his eyes as he started walking back to the truck, "i'll text you later," he said earning a thumbs up from you.

the smell of gas filled your nose as the truck drove off and down the suburban street leaving her with a sinking feeling. with a deep breath through the nose, "just three more months," and an exhale, you heard your front door open.

"YOU!" mars exclaimed as she ran out of the house.

"me?" you questioned with a finger pointed to yourself and smile etched on your face. mars' h/c hair covered your sisters face as she pulled you into a hug. a hug that washed away your anxiety, feelings of self doubt, fear.

"Y/NNNNNN!" a younger girl yelled out as she ran onto the porch joking into the group hug, "i missed you," she murmured into her sister's side.

"i missed you too lav," you said as she let out a breath of relief. in your peripheral vision you could see three boys making their way out of the house with smiles on their faces. from the sidewalk all that could be seen was a pile of h/c hair that had blue hair sticking out from the top.

"i'm happy you're back," reign breathed out as he didn't dare to leave the hug pile.

as you was in your old room unpacking, an eerily familiar smell of cheap booze flooded your nose making you reluctantly turn to face her door.

an older woman with dark hair leaned on the door frame as a glass bottle sat in her right hand. "the hell are you doing here?" she asked as she stared her h/c haired daughter down.

"school is out for the summer so i have to come home. just like last year," you said while avoiding her gaze. when nothing else was heard you turned around and continued reassembling your room.

however, a strong grip on your hair caused you to suck on your teeth in pain. "i swear you said you weren't coming back home—called this a hell hole," your head was yanked back to face your mother whose smell of liquor made you flinch. "so why are you here?" she yelled gaining the attention of everyone in the house, but they wouldn't dare leave their spots in fear of what would happen to them.

you tried to level your breathing before speaking, "because i don't have anywhere else to go," you said as calmly as possible.

"your dad putting those thoughts into your head. you're not any better than us you little bitch," she harshly pushed you down onto the floor before walking back to her room and slamming the door.

with a shakey breath, you sat up and rubbed the spot on your head that was snatched. a shorter body peered around her door frame. his curly h/c hair caught your attention.

"...are you okay?" avi asked as he sat down beside his older sister.

with a sniffle and a small smile you wrapped your arm around him, pulling him into a side hug, "i will be."