II ; 2AM

𝟭:𝟰𝟭𝗮𝗺

THE FLUORESCENT LIGHTS FLICKERED ABOVE YOUR HEAD

THE FLUORESCENT LIGHTS FLICKERED ABOVE YOUR HEAD. a tired yawn left your mouth as you sat,with your terrible posture, in a chair at your checkout counter. your dark eye bag eyes looked down at your cellphone.

the boys from yesterday weren't wrong, and maybe if you could act you would audition for one of tim burton's movies. studying, actually going to class, then working the graveyard shift didn't mix. but a lot of the choices you made were poor.

your taste in men: every single one of your boyfriends since high school were assholes. your friends: they always ended up ditching you when things got rough, you couldn't keep up with them. your sleep schedule: it was non existent at this point, hence the eye luggage.

ever since last night—or this morning—you kept popping up into suna's head. your terrifyingly tired yet pretty face was on his mind 24/7. so there he was at 1:41 am at the whole foods.

the tall male made his way over to your hunched over figure with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his hoodie. "hey...y/n." he said as he bent down to read your name tag.

you closed her phone and looked up with your tired eyes. "...hey"

suna subconsciously stiffened up at your gaze making him clear his throat with a fake cough. "do you like live here? at the apartments?"

you looked up at him with an expression that could be confused with irritation and confusion.
"...why would i be working here if i lived in those apartments?" you questioned, "you rich people are a trip." you laughed dismissively and looked back down towards your phone.

"so you wanted me to assume that you're poor...?" suna questioned with a bit of a condescending smile.

"..."

"..."

"fuck off." youcursed as suna let out a light laugh. "what are you even here for? just to pester me? you get off to belittling the working class?"

"if you must know," suna started as he stuffed his hands into his pockets, "i work—"

"you play volleyball. you're rintaro suna and you slap balls around and get millions for it." you snapped back with that familiar look you get whenever you're in your political science class. the look when you've just outsmarted someone and shut down their whole idea.

"don't say it like that." suna said with a sigh before he realized something. "you know about me?" he asked with a smirk making you roll your eyes, "are you a fan or something?"

"never that." the h/c haired girl said plainly as a smile threatened to creep up onto your face. "my younger siblings are obsessed with you, unfortunately."

"you don't have many friends do you?" suna questioned as he looked down at you.

"you're literally a douchebag."

"no, i just say that cause we're kinda alike. we're both smart asses."

"don't ever say that again we're not alike, all the guys say that." you said bluntly making suna furrow his eyebrows.

"what do you mean?"

"you're not the first guy to come down from the apartments to hit on me." you commented with a slight bitchiness in your voice. "you guys are alike."

"you're kinda full of yourself." suna commented with a light laugh making you raise an eyebrow at his dismissive comment. "who said i was hitting on you?"

with a condescending smile suna watched as your gaze dropped and you glared over at him with your drowsy eyes.

now that comment bruised your ego a little bit. you never thought you were the prettiest girl in the world but you had your decent share of dates and partners so you knew you weren't ugly. so being the smart ass you were, you needed a comeback.

"what guy comes to a grocery store at 2 o'clock in the morning just to talk to a girl he doesn't know—who doesn't even like him—unless he's a creep?" you asked as you rested your cheek in the palm of your hand with a a yawn. was it the best rebuttal? no. but it was a pretty solid read which made suna's face lower.

"...you got a bad attitude." suna said as he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

"good. i hope it's a turn off." you flashed him a quick and sarcastic smile making him laugh.

suna sucked his teeth in "disappointment". "not really—makes me want to come back tomorrow."

with furrowed eyebrows you watched as suna walked out of the store with a wave as you flipped him off.

"i think i hate him," you muttered.