XIV ; ICE CREAM

𝟱:𝟰𝟭𝗮𝗺

"I THINK I LIKE FROZEN YOGURT BETTER THAN ICE CREAM," you concurred as sat on one side of the L shaped couch and suna sat on the other

he nodded, "same, but that's not what i asked you." your face dropped as you stabbed your spoon into your cup that held f/f ice cream.

"it was my mom...she hit me," you shrugged while shock painted his face.

"...holy shit," he breathed out as his eyes traced her battered eye and lip. "did you tell anyone at the hospital?"

an annoyed look fell upon your face as you scoffed, "are you stupid? of course not."

suna's face now held a bewildered expression, "what? she literally fucked up your face? what about your brothers and sisters?"

"she doesn't hit them, so why should i risk it and have them split up in the system?" your spoon dug into your ice cream once more, bringing a bite up to your lips with a small wince.

"i'm done talking about this, so the conversation is over," you said as you adjusted yourself in your spot to get more comfortable.

he couldn't disagree so he just nodded as he reached for the tv remote to put on something—anything to ease the tension.

"...suggestions?" he looked over at you with an expectant look.

you hummed in thought as you twirled your spoon between your fingers, "pretentious or fun?"

"today calls for fun."

"then emperor's new groove."

"..." he glanced over at you as he reluctantly went to open disney +.

"is that a problem?" you questioned teasingly as he quickly shook his head and hummed out an mnm . "don't tell me you like kronk's new groove better?" you asked in an exasperated and disappointed voice as your head fell to the side.

"i just think kronk is more fun and all the different stories are cool when they interconnect—and the bread baking scene!" he exclaimed as he recalled the disco scene with earth, wind, & fire as the soundtrack. "i also think kuzco is a dick."

"you're a dick," you snapped back making his eyebrows furrow, "i love kuzco."

"makes sense," he said as he finally found the movie.

"what's that supposed to mean?" you asked with a raised eyebrow and scoff.

"if kuzco is so good why are you offended?"

"..." you suddenly stood up grabbing his attention, "where's your trash can?"

"in the kitchen on the other side of the island," he said with a light laugh. although when he heard the sound of your socks walk past the living room he turned his head. his arms hung off the back of the couch as he head rested on the edge. a pout tried to itch its way onto his face but he wouldn't let it.

"where are you going?" he asked inbetween a yawn as his eyes struggled to stay open.

"to...the room," you said as you left.

"the room...?" he questioned with a breathy laugh, "there's a lot of rooms here. you mean your room?"

you sent him a glare from over your shoulder, "whatever—i'm gonna watch the movie by myself." you disappeared into the room leaving suna with the sound of the door closing shut as a smirk grew upon his face.

you fell onto the full sized bed as a breath you had been holding for the past few hours fell from your lips. while scrolling through your own disney + account you felt your eyelids become heavy.

as the emperors new groove began to play, your blinks gradually got longer and longer—but your moment of peace was short lived.

a tall, familiar figure made an appearance in your doorway. he held a blanket as a yawn slipped past his lips—but not without a fight.

without a word he came into the room and made himself comfy on the unoccupied side of the bed. slipping under his own blanket he turned to you with a tired smile.

"what are you doing here?" you asked tiredly as you had no energy to mess with him. your body turned onto its side to look at him better.

"i wanna watch the movie with you."

his eyes met yours as a lazy smile etched itself on his lips. you felt your breath hitch but your expression would never let him know that it did. you wouldn't want that.

"apologize."

a feeling of confusion flashed upon him before he remembered.

"i'm sorry for calling kuzco a dick."

"...and?"

"that's too much," he groaned as he turned into one of the pillows on "his" side of the bed.

you rolled your eyes as you reached for your remote to unpause the movie, "i'll let it slide—this time."