VI ; TIRED

𝟭𝟮:𝟬𝟱𝗮𝗺

WITH NARROWED EYES SUNA WAS EYEING YOU DOWN

WITH NARROWED EYES SUNA WAS EYEING YOU DOWN. but of course you didn't notice as you were checking out some items for some guy who looked like he forgot his wife's birthday.

"yeah, it's no problem." you said before you watched the man hurry out of the store. after adjusting the sleeves on your hoodie to sit right above your finger tips again you looked up to see the middle blocker staring at you.

"...are you g-"

"your eye bags look heavier...are you good?" suna asked.

before you spoke a soft yawn left your lips. "yeah, i've just been studying for finals." you sighed as your left cheek rest in the palm of your hand.

"but the game is tomorrow? your finals are covered?" suna questioned as he fidgeted with the pockets of his shorts.

"i have more classes than journalism. do you even know how college works?" you asked as you slightly tilted your head to the side in confusion.

"if i'm being honest, not really," he shrugged, "i only went for less than a semester before i got recruited to  play pro."

"hmm," you hummed in thought, "well i've got a political science test to study for, history of music project, spanish test, and film studies presentation to get ready for."

"okay now you're confusing me." suna said with furrowed eyebrows. "what do you want to like be? i thought you wanted to be a sports reporter?"

"i wanna work at a radio station—hopefully own my own in the future." a soft smile grew on your face at the thought. "i really like music."

"i can tell," suna huffed, "i can never tell if you're listening to me when you always have headphones on."

"mmm no one is forcing you to be here." you commented with a playful expression.

"you could have better customer service," he yawned as he watched you stand up and stretch at your check out lane.

"anyways, we just got some new popsicles in from that chuupets company thingy you like. i was gonna ask if you wanted to try them with me—they're all low cal and organic if that matters."

suna's ears perked up at the mention of his favorite snack.

"doesn't matter, i'll just work off any calories during training." he shrugged as he stood up to follow behind you but his comment made you pause.

"suna," you turned around, "that sounds like an eating disorder..." you commented with furrowed eyebrows.

as the sun tries to push its way into the horizon, suna was walking you to your bus stop with a black bag in hand. every so often your e/c eyes would drift over to it, curiosity flooding your brain, but you wouldn't ask.

a comfortable silence enveloped you two as you both sat at your bus stop underneath the fluorescent lights. the dark haired boy leaned ahead in his seat, looking out for the approaching bus. once the bright headlights hit his chartreuse eyes he stood up and held the mysterious bag out to you.

"this is for you," suna watched as you pulled the bag into your hands. "don't open it until you get home."

"what's in here? a BOMB or something?" you questioned purposely loud at the exact time the bus doors opened, making suna cringe as a smile crept upon your face.

"an act of terror—" suna quickly clasped his pale hand over your mouth but with the same speed released it as you licked it.

"just go home." he said as he wiped his hand off on your hoodie and pushed you towards the bus.

"no good morning?" you questioned with a light laugh from the steps.

with a sigh suna obliged, "good morning, i'll see you later." you both gave each other a small nod before the glass doors closed.

you scanned your phone and waited before the bus screen turned green to find your usual seat in the back row. as soon as the bus started moving you put on your playlist and slipped your earbuds in. super stars by yves tumor flowed into your ears as your eyes drifted to the black bag sitting in the seat beside you. for a moment you paused and allowed your conscience to take over.

he did say to wait until i was back at the dorms...

"umm no." you muttered to yourself as you pulled back the decorative paper to reveal gold and white fabric and a folded piece of paper.

with a curious hum, you opened up the piece of paper to see messy hand writing in black pen.

wear this to the game so they know ur apart of my teams press group. also ik ur ass is reading this on the bus :|

you rolled your eyes and folded the note back up before slipping it back into the bag. with careful and anxious hands you pulled out the article of clothing.

it was a gold and white ejp raijin team jacket. it definitely wasn't your size as it nearly covered your whole body as you examined it. the team name and number 9 on the back were in gold accents which made them really pop and stand out.

with one last look and a small smile you folded the jacket and placed it back in the bag.

he's such an idiot, i know 9 is his number.