XIII ; YOUR PLACE

𝟯:𝟯𝟯𝗮𝗺

SUNA WOKE UP SUDDENLY TO THE SOUND OF HIS PHONE RINGING

SUNA WOKE UP SUDDENLY TO THE SOUND OF HIS PHONE RINGING. with a groan and wandering hand, his long arm reached over to his nightstand to answer the call.

"hello," he answered in his tired, raspy voice as his eyes didn't dare to open.

"...hey," though his eyes did open at the sound of your shakey voice.

he sat up in his bed, "hey y/n, what's wrong?" he asked as you tried to steady your breath on the other side.

you hated when people knew you'd been crying.

"...can i stay at your place?"

not even thirty minutes later, suna pulled up to your house. he rolled down his window to see you sitting on your porch with a bag and your face in your phone.

when you noticed him pull up you threw your bag over your shoulder and made your way over to the car. "thanks," you said as you buckled your seat belt.

his face held a confused expression as he noticed that you refused to look at him. "no problem," he said cautiously as he rolled up the window. his hand hovered over the gear shift but ultimately he chose not to start driving.

his curiosity got the best of him as he leaned forward in an attempt to look over at you, but that only irritated you.

"could you stop?" you snapped as you turned to look at him with tired eyes.

"holy shit..." he said as his eyes widened, "what happened?" his eyes screamed concern as they danced across your face. he didn't know what to do with himself; he wanted to do something but he didn't know what and it was killing him. though, he knew he had no time to make up his mind before you shut him down.

your s/c skin was tainted with a dark bruise right on your eye. a busted lip made an appearance in a place that would make it painful to talk let alone smile.

you instantly turned back to the window, ignoring his questions, "i want to go to sleep." you felt your throat start to close up as your eyes began to burn once more.

he looked at the back of your head with a quiet sigh before putting the car in drive.

the music playing had been mentally tuned out as your eyes watched the bright lights of passing businesses flicker through the window. your suburban neighborhood was slowly replaced by the city. single family homes were exchanged for high rise apartments as empty streets were suddenly filled with people enjoying the summer night.

as the familiar apartment complex approached, a wave of relief rushed over you.

but suna kept driving.

"where the hell are you going?" you perked up and turned to face him as he kept his eyes on the road.

"to the hospital," he said nonchalantly.

"i don't-"

"your eye socket bones could be broken," he said before turning to you, "my mom's a pediatrician."

with a groan you crossed your arms over your chest as you sunk back into the seat.

the bright fluorescent lights put a strain on your eye as the the smell of alcohol flooded both of your noses. a chill went up suna's back causing him to sink into his hoodie. hospitals are always eerily cold.

"ms. l/n," a warm voice cut through the silent air, "we can see you now," the nurse smiled but his eyes looked tired—as to be expected.

you stood up and sent a glare at suna as he shot you a quick thumbs up. you rolled your eyes as you followed the nurse into the room.

the sound of crinkling paper filled the quiet, off white room as you sat on the examination seat. after he had closed the door the nurse turned around with an inviting expression.

"are you okay?" he asked with concern as he let his clipboard rest at his side.

a slightly confused expression fell upon your face, "...i mean i have a black eye. i could be better."

"sorry, i meant are you safe?" he clarified as the gears started to turn in your head.

"oh!" you exclaimed with wide eyes, "um, i'm fine, he didn't hit me or anything." the nurse hummed in acknowledgment as you continued.

"it's just...i had to move out of my dorm for the summer and there was just so much junk—i fell and hit myself on some shit—stuff."

"alright," the nurse smiled, "i'm going to check your vitals then after i'll bring the doctor in." he said as you started to roll up the sleeve of your hoodie hesitatingly.

about fifty five minutes later, you came back into the waiting area with an ice pack in hand. "a waste of time like i thought."

he yawned as he stood up and stretched, "not a waste of my time," he said as he rubbed his eyes. "'s not a waste of your time because you don't have work or school."

you walked together down the halls back to the parking lot. the smell of coffee filled your noses as you passed by the cafeteria and through the lobby. an awkward silence consumed you two—the sounds of jangling keys and footsteps were all that was heard—but the two clicks of  suna's car unlocking snapped you both out of it.

he handed his phone to you as you finished buckling your seatbelt. your fingers started to scroll through spotify but stopped.

"thank you."

you jolted forward a bit then slammed your head back as he suddenly stopped backing up the car.

"um ow?—"

"what did you say?" he asked making you turn your head to face him.

instantly you were met with his chartreuse eyes staring back at you making your breath hitch at how close you were. his hand gripped the back of your head rest creating an atmosphere that was way too intimate for your liking.

your eyebrows began to furrow as you stared at him and for some reason, that you didn't understand, a slick remark couldn't come out. it was like you were in a trance?

it didn't last long.

you quickly snapped out of it as you realized your black eye was ruining your face and for some reason you hated that suna had to see you like that—whether it be because of embarrassment or shame.

"i'm...not repeating myself," you said as you turned away from him, choosing to just distract yourself with picking a song.

he slowly turned his head back around to pull out with a small smile. "it's okay i heard you the first time," he said with a short laugh.

charcoal baby by blood orange started to play as he drove out of the parking garage. "let's go get ice cream," he suggested as a way to take your mind off of things even though he knew it wouldn't work. but truthfully he wanted the ice cream for a selfish reason.

you never say thank you to him.

he felt that if he didn't cool himself down, he might explode from how flustered he was.