14. Pretty thighs

(Continuation from the last chapter)

Sofia Zanetti - POV

I was made to sit right besides Lorenzo. Shocker. Our mothers insisted because apparently it was a great way for us to bond. I'd rather not bond with him. His presence made me itch.

He seemed to avoid me just as I was doing anyway. The men at the table were more invested in talk about the finalisation of the alliance as the wedding was to set it all in place. The topic of the Russians and their uproar in New York became a hot topic. And now turns out it wasn't just the Russians, but also, the Armenians. From what I got out of their conversation was that Arman Abraham, leader of the Meghri drug cartel had one of the Russo soldiers killed, tension sky rocketed.

As I listened to Lorenzo, I realised how he took the reigns for his family, his father had stepped back letting his son take over. That was a key difference, my father wasn't going to step down anytime soon for Santino. This explained why Lorenzo was always at our house instead of Luciano. I glanced over to Luciano and shivered slightly in my seat. Something about that man didn't sit right with me. I don't know what it was, or if I was just being insane. I looked to my left, watching Lorenzo continue to speak about whatever. He definitely had a lot more control and restrain than his father.

The thought of all this had my blood shivering. I wasn't just marrying a capo or a soldier, but a Don, a kingpin. A man who was worshipped left right and centre and had men at his feet.

"How are you feeling Sofia?" Rosalina asked, getting me out of my thoughts. Her hand gently brushing my arm as she sent me a kind smile.

The woman was very likeable. I praised that she was nice and not like those vicious mother in laws I had heard of from my cousins and aunts. The stories i had heard from older cousins...let's say i couldn't believe what i was hearing.

"Scared" I answered truly.

"You will be a great wife I just know it. If my Enzo ever does anything to displease you, you tell me, okay?" she whispered and I nodded.

The mothers began to discuss more about the wedding and the plans after. I learnt that I would be staying in this very house for our wedding night, as it was a tradition in the Russo famiglia that the married couple spend the first night in the parents house to consummate the marriage. After the first night we would be moving into Lorenzo's home.

The thought of the wedding night had my stomach gravelling. Anything which had to do with being him alone didn't settle right with me.

We made a bet about sex. Did it count on the wedding night? Was the bet still going?

Conversations began to die down. The two older men talked among themselves whilst the rest ate in silence.

I froze as my bare thigh accidentally brushed against Lorenzo's pants. Sending tingles throughout my body. I moved back my leg almost too fast, which made him notice.

I sucked in a breath as I felt his hand slither under the table and pull my thigh back against his. My thigh now rubbing against his dress pants.

"Do not touch me."

"Does your little boyfriend know that another man will be marrying his little girlfriend in a few days" he spoke calmly, his voice barely audible, yet only i could hear. I bit the inside of my lip as I realised what he was talking about.

Let's play along then shall we.

"Of course he does. He does not seem to mind. Because I mean there is nothing between us. We are just marrying for power on both sides. Right?"

I knew he could tell I was playing with him as the amused expression painted on his face. He let out a low sound, under his breath.

"Well does he know that another man is touching his little girlfriend?" he said as his hand wrapped around the bare skin of my thigh. I felt like I had stopped breathing for a short second because of his touch. His hand was cold yet had warmed my thigh within a few quick seconds.

"This is inappropriate." I mumbled out, feeling slightly hazy at his touch. "Stop touching me."

"Inappropriate like how you groped my dick the last time I saw you?" my mouth fell agape.

"I did not grope you."

I tried to push my thigh back but his grip was strong like iron. It was no use. Heat pooled between my legs as his big hand rested on my thigh like he owned it.

This was what men like him did. They didn't just take, they made sure they owned it and everyone knew.

"So Lorenzo will the two of you be going on a honeymoon?" My mother's voice filled the room, pushing my thoughts away and my attention onto my mother.

perfect timing.

I stared down at the gelato in front of me, avoiding anyone's stare. Lorenzo cleared his throat.

"Si, we will be staying the weekend in Monte Carlo"

Did i just hear correctly?

I turned to him with a frown whilst my mother and Rosalina gleamed in joy. My father seemed impressed too while Sebastian didn't look too happy judging by the glare he sent Lorenzo.

At least someone didn't like the idea of it.

Also I'm guessing his booty call cancelled on him or else he wouldn't have been here right now.

There was no way this trip to Monte Carlo was a honeymoon. Lorenzo also didn't seem like the type of guy to show off to my parents. I knew he had some sort of business going on in Monaco and I was being dragged along and he just decided to slap the word honeymoon over it.

Lovely.

I shifted in my seat, completely forgetting about his hand resting ever so graciously on my thigh.

The doors opened, in walked in two servers who began to take everyone's dessert bowls. My gelato had been untouched yet melted away in the bowl.

Luciano had taken my father to his office, Sebastian also had stepped out. Probably for another smoke again.

Lorenzo leaned in as he was about to stand, his breath fanning against my neck. The hair on my back stood straight.

"Word of advice, if I do find out there is any man after the wedding, I won't think twice before I make you watch me pluck out every single part of his body with that little blade you carry between these pretty thighs" his hand reached over to my other thigh where I had my blade strapped to it. He pulled on the strap lightly before letting go.

"This marriage means you're mine and I won't have you mock me. So I suggest you end anything now before things don't look pretty" he spat out roughly.

I ignored the ache between my legs, gritting my teeth at what he said. If I did have a boyfriend, I don't see why it would be such a problem. This marriage was a sham, it meant nothing to the two of us. I'm sure he wasn't planning on being loyal one bit yet had the audacity to threaten any lover i had.

His hand slid further up without warning, just inches away from my lace panties. If he moved any more he would've been aware of the affect he had on me. The fact that I was wet just merely his rough words and hand on my thigh was concerning.

His hand stopped and pulled from under, standing straight whilst buttoning his suit jacket. My eyes followed the back of his head as he walked out the room. His hair cut so perfectly, the back was short and faded whilst the top remained full and dark.

He left the room, as I sat alone in the dinner room, slightly overwhelmed, annoyed, and flustered.