23. New friends

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Alcohol 2  Sofia 0

Once again I wake up to the worst headache. I didn't want to think about last night. What the hell was I thinking?!

And I thought I could handle my alcohol. I mean I could, it's just whatever Lorenzo drank happened to be too much for my system. I need to stop drinking from his glass.

I left my room, with the plan of exploring some parts of the house today seeing as it was a literal village. The view from my bedroom was insane, acres of land surrounding the house and the garden was beautifully maintained.

I made my way to the kitchen, my stomach crying for food. I stopped in my steps, watching the smaller woman work her way in the kitchen. Im guessing this was the cook Lorenzo had told me about?

"Morning" I called out, immediately she turned and looked towards me. I watched as a huge smile unravelled on her face.

"Buongiorno" she replied, as she wiped her hands on the back of the cloth and pulled me to a hug.

"I finally get to meet my Enzo's wife" she looked me up and down. "Sei bellissima!" I blushed at her kind words. She was adorable oh my god. Her grey hair was pulled into a tight bun, freckles dotted her tan complexion and she wore a red dress covered in flowers.

"Grazie"

"I am Maria, I am the cook in this house, the only cook. Now come on sit" she ushered me towards the island stool. "I will make you breakfast"

I sat and watched Maria cook something up for me, my mouth watered as the smells erupted. Why did it feel like it's been a while since I last ate?

I listened to her talk, she mentioned she had been working with the Russo family for decades now, and that she could never repay the family enough for what they did for her family. She was also head of this house, in charge of all the maids, gardeners and others who worked around the house. Lorenzo must trust her a lot.

After breakfast I looked around the living room, but stopped when I noticed Marcello. He wasn't wearing his usual white shirt and pants today, but gym wear.

"Hey" He jogged towards me, his phone in his hand.

"Ciao"

"I'm guessing you are on baby sitting duty today?" I rolled my eyes.

"Yep. Only this time you can't run away. I have back up, there's like 4 men posted on every corner of this property all equipped with weapons so I suggest you stay put."

"I'm not planning on leaving so you can relax. This place is in the middle of nowhere, I don't even know my way around yet" 

"Let's keep it that way." I rolled my eyes, as I took a seat on the white sofas. He held his hands up, in defence and I frowned.