28. Conniving wife

Lorenzo Russo -  POV

I walked into the house, jaw tight because of the reason i had to return. Marcello greeted me at the door, clear stress blooming on his face. His shirt unbuttoned at the top, and his hair was a mess, like he had run his hand through it too many times.

I had messaged him exactly 18 minutes ago to look for Sofia, after i had been notified about a certain room in my house being in use.

"You can go home." I said simply, before he could complain about my conniving wife.

Marcello hesitated for a second, like he wanted to explain himself but took the better option and grabbed his jacket and left the house without a word.

The house was now empty other than Sofia who had broken into one of the panic rooms i had built into the house before i had moved in.

A panic room which only i have access too and only me and Benito know it's whereabouts in this house. A panic room where no ordinary person can enter without obtaining some forms of high level hacking skill.

So how the fuck did she get in and what was she doing in there?

I released my clenched jaw, as i pulled off my tie and threw it across the table as i made my way down to the panic room, only me and Benito knew of. Benito was one of the rare people who had the skill to get inside, but the room was only used in the case of an extreme emergency. I had it specifically built a few years back when i had purchased the property. Not even Marcello knew about it.

I got to the basement, passing endless tunnels until i stood face to face with the heavy bulletproof door.

i entered the multiple codes, fingerprints and even the iris recognition which was required to enter and the door opened swiftly. I hadn't come in here for a couple of months now, the last time being when we had reviewed some new artillery.

I stepped in, the lights were now turned off, like they were not on mere seconds again, as i was notified on my system, along with the Co2 analysers which had increased for the past twenty minutes.

I moved inside, her presence lingered in the air, her sweet scent permeating around me.

The smell i couldn't seem to get rid of for the past two weeks.

I did a quick one over of the room, three walls filled with weapons, ammunition and any torture device known to man. From flamethrowers, knives of all shapes and grenades.

I noticed two missing switch blades from the walls, as i flipped on a second switch.

I continued to walk around the room, admiring each wall, each object, as i waiting for the sly little fox to reveal herself.

I neared one of the dirt bikes, brand new exported from Austria a couple of months ago.

I felt a breeze behind me, quick movement. I turned immediately as i came face to face with the dark haired vixen i've been waiting to show up.