First Day of School

Bella and I woke up for school on Monday and almost dreaded going. Being that it was nearing the end of January, it's the middle of the school year. Neither one of us loved attention and obviously being the new kids. That exactly what that title entails. Bella drove us to school. Forks High School, Home of the Spartans, The sign read as we pulled into the parking lot. She parked us right near a group of kids. I slouched in my seat.

    "Can I change my mind? You go. Pretend to be the only Swan child and I'll just drive back home. Maybe I can convince Dad to let me homeschool myself." I chuckled quietly. Bella laughed along with me, pulling my shoulder up and pushing me out the door of the truck.

    "Nice try. Now go." She chuckled. "We suffer together."

    "Nice ride." A student sitting on the car across from ours snickered.

    "NiCe RiDe." I mocked quietly to myself and grabbed Bella's arm pulling her along with me.

    "Thanks." Bella said to the kid as we walked away.

    "I don't think, he was being friendly." I giggled.

"At least I'm not queen of sarcasm. Gotta try to fit in, dear sister." Bella said as she stuck her tongue out.

We made our way inside the building and found the administration office. The lady at the desk gave us both our schedules and sent us on our way. We walked along the hallway trying to find our first class. A boy walked up beside us. He had long black hair and kind eyes.

    "You guys must be Isabella and (Y/N) Swan, the new girls." He stuck out a hand which we both shook. "Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Uhm... Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?" He shamelessly flirted with both of us. I rolled my eyes and Bella was clearly flustered.

    "Uh... We're both kind of the suffer-in-silence type." Bella said nervously.

    "Good headline for the feature." He piped up. "I'm on the paper, and you two babes are front page news."

    "Whoa, uh. No. No we're not. Please don't." I begged.

    "Chillax. No feature." He put a hand on my shoulder and smiled.

    "Cool, thanks." Bella sighed in relief.

    "So we have English first. We better get going." I gestured with my thumb and Bella nodded with a smile.

    "Sure! I'll catch up with you two later." Eric smirked and ran off in the opposite direction.

We walked towards the classroom with our heads down. Bella suddenly moved away from me and I ran into what felt like a brick wall.

    "Oof." I grunted and dropped my book and class schedule.

The wall I ran into quickly grabbed my waist before I fell to the floor. I looked up and was met with a pair of beautiful golden orbs.

I guess it wasn't a wall after all.

    "Whoa, are you okay?" The deep voice asked.

He set me upright on my feet and let go of my waist. I almost immediately missed the contact. I looked him over and he had short dark hair, paler than pale skin and a smirk that could sweep any girl off their feet. I shook my head, taking myself out of staring.

    "I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I quickly said bending down to grab my things. Only to find he already had them in his hand, and it was stretched out, returning them to me.

    "It's no biggy. Really." He smiled.

    "Oh, uh t-thanks.." I brushed some of my hair behind my ear and then I took back my things from him.