Pack Secret

Later that night I sat in my room on my bed. Bella had fallen asleep about an hour ago. Dad was at the station. I couldn't sleep because of worrying about everything. My safety, Bella's, my Dad's. I jumped out of my thoughts at a clinking sound on my window. Given the threat of Victoria, I probably shouldn't have, but I got up and slowly walked to my window. There was a few more soft clink's. Someone was throwing rocks at my window.

    "(Y/n)!" A familiar voice called out. I made it fully to the window and looked down to see Jacob Black standing on the ground below. I sighed in relief at the sight of him and opened up the window.

    "Jesus. You scared me. What the hell are you doing here?" I whisper yelled at him.

    "Back up, I'm coming up." He said and ran towards the house. He parkoured his way up the side of the house, to the tree and gracefully came in through my window. I scoffed at him and crossed my arm's, trying not to be impressed.

    "Hey." He looked at me and I furrowed my brows at him not responding. He stepped towards me. "Look, I'm sorry."

    "For what? Tearing my heart out, using almost the same exact word's he did?" I scoffed again and sat down on my bed, arm's still crossed angrily.

    "I'm sorry about that. I wish I could explain. But I literally... can't." He stepped a bit closer. I watched him look and notice the dream catcher he gave me for my birthday hanging on my headboard. A small smile and sigh escaped his mouth. "Have you ever had a secret you couldn't tell anyone? One that wasn't yours to share?" We looked at each other knowingly and he took a seat next to me. Moving some of my hair behind my ear. "Well, that's what it's like for me. But worse. You have no idea how tight I'm bound."

    "I hate this." I mumbled. I made the decision to grab his hand, and he held mine in return. I leaned into his warm chest. "I hate whatever they've done to you." I leaned back and looked up at his face. He held my left hand and looked at our finger's.

The smile was immediately replaced with a frown. I quickly noticed why as the crescent moon scar on my wrist shined brightly on my skin. I covered it and pulled my hand away. His face contorted to an angry expression and he stood back up on his feet.

    "I mean, the killer part is you already know." He huffed angrily. Jacob looked at me and reached out a hand, his face softening slightly again. I took his hand and he pulled me up. "(Y/n), do you remember when we walked on the beach at La Push, last year? The st—..." He couldn't finish his sentence but I knew exactly what he was referring too.

    "The story you told me. The story about... the cold one's." I looked into his eye's and he nodded sadly.

    "I guess, I understand why that's the only part you remember." He spoke sadly while letting go of my hand and walking around me. He went to my dresser, his fingers ran across a photo frame that had a picture of me, Bella and Dad all together. Then he picked up the one next to it which had a picture of the two of us goofing around only a few weeks ago.

    "There has to be something that you can do." I said trying to understand whatever he's going through and trying to say.

    "No. I'm in it for life." He turned to look at me.

    "Maybe... Maybe we should just get out of here. We'll just leave. You and me." I suggested. It was hurting me to see him so pained.

    "You'd do that? For me?" He looked a bit stunned. I stepped closer and grabbed his hand's again.

    "I would. Of course I would. You... you mean a lot to me." I told him softly. He quickly hugged me and pulled away looking at my face.

    "It's not something I can just run away from, (y/n/n). But I would run away with you. IF I could." He shook his head. Jacob let out a sigh. "I've got to go. They'll start wondering where I am." We looked at each other and he pulled me in for a tighter hug. I rubbed my hand's up and down his bare back. "Please. Try to remember." He whispered putting his face in the crook of my neck. I could feel the heat of his breath. "It'd be so much easier if you knew." He pulled away and planted his lips on my forehead closing his eyes tightly.