The Fight

Emmett's POV
I stood over my wife's body, running my hand over her head. I had been so awful to her over the course of this pregnancy, this past month and a half. I had barely spent anytime with her and now I have to look at her like this... I was broken from my thought's as someone entered the room.

    "Emmett." Edward said roughly. I looked up at him sadly, removing my forehead from (Y/n)'s. "They're coming. I can hear their thoughts. They're going to kill Emalie."

I looked back at (Y/n) and kissed her forehead once and smoothed out her hair.

    "Alice, Bella." Edward shouted. We all rushed outside and stood on the lower porch.

    "We're out numbered." Bella said.

    "By a lot." Alice agreed.

    "I won't let them hurt my family." I grunted and stood tall and firm.

    "They won't have the chance to get close enough." Edward nodded, standing firmly as well.

A large pack of wolves, entered the tree line. I made eye contact with Sam and then they charged. The four of us ran at the eight wolves. We each got our hands around their backs, stopping them from getting to the house. Pushing them backward's. Sam pinned me to the ground, and I could hear Alice screeching. Edward ran at Sam knocking him off me. Carlisle and Esme came bursting through the woods, with Jasper and Henry on their tails. Jasper knocked the wolf off Alice.

Our family all stood together, and ran at the wolves again. Knocking into them, punching and kicking them back towards the forest. Seth and Leah appeared in their wolf forms fighting on our side. Henry was pushed up a tree and punched the wolf's snapping jaws away from him. Sam and I kept going after one another. The wolves managed an advantage, pushing us all against the porch wall.

Jacob jumped over the railing at that moment and stood between us and the wolves.    

"Stop! It's over." Jacob demanded. Sam tried to move around him, lunging for me again, but Jacob stood in his way. "If you kill her, you kill me!" He shouted, and Sam lunged again, forcing Jacob to shift.

Jacob stalked forward and I watched with wide eyes, confused as to what was going on. He didn't seem to care about Emalie a half hour ago. The wolves all stood up, attention raised to Jacob. He stalked in front of Sam and snarled loudly.

    "Jacob imprinted." Edward explained simply putting a hand on my shoulder. My brows furrowed as I looked between him and Jacob's wolf form. Eyes widening realizing the only person he could have imprinted on... was my daughter. I took a step forward as I met Jacob's plea-filled eyes. Edward holding tightly to my shoulder. I looked back at him. "They can't hurt her, now. Whoever a wolf imprints on can't be harmed. It's their most absolute law."

The wolves turned away and walked back into the woods. Jacob huffed a breath at them and returned his gaze back to mine. I narrowed my eyes and gave him a look showing we were going to need to have a little talk. But first, I needed Carlisle to look over my wife and prayed to god she wasn't really dead. We walked inside together and he looked over her body. Edward and Bella stood on either side of me, watching as he worked his way around her. He lifted his head and looked at me.

    "You did it, Emmett." He smiled. "She's changing."

    "But she shouldn't be this still." Bella said with her arms crossed.

    "I believe that's the work of the morphine." Carlisle assured her, he looked back at me. "We should get her cleaned up. The rest of you should go hunt now."

I let out a breath of relief and walked over to her, placing a kiss on her forehead. I gathered a bucket with warm water and a sponge, Carlisle grabbed towels and Alice gave me clothes to change her into.