Bonfire

Emmett pulled up to the treaty line in the Jeep. I climbed out from the passenger side, and Bella from the back. The site we were met with was Jacob standing their in his khaki shorts, completely shirtless, leaning against his newly road worthy Red Rabbit vehicle.

    "Doesn't he own a shirt." Emmett said loud enough for Jacob to hear. He placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him.

Bella walked to Jake and greeted him, before quickly climbing into in his car.

    "I'm good here. You should go." I said softly placing my hands to his chest.

    "I'm not going to be gone long." He mumbled.

    "Don't rush. You have to hunt." I smiled.

I smiled up at him and he leaned forward slowly, softly brushing his lips against mine. Emmett pulled me flush against him and deepened the kiss. I was slightly surprised but accepted it none the less. He pulled away, my lips already missing the soft coldness of his own. My eyes stayed lightly closed. His forehead pressed against mine.

    "Okay, maybe rush just a bit." I whispered softly, making him chuckle. I opened my eyes to be met with his black ones. He pecked my lips once more and pulled away from me.

I walked toward Jacob and his large goofy grin came across his face.

    "Hi, beautiful." He greeted me happily.

    "Hi." I said as he wrapped me up into a tight hug holding me close to his body.

I could feel him put his head into my hair, in the crook of my neck and take a deep breath. I knew he was just trying to show off to make Emmett jealous. I quickly pulled away and smiled politely at him. Emmett huffed and hopped into the jeep. The tires squealed leaving the dirt onto the pavement and pulling away.

    "So, what do you two want to do today? Bike, hike, just hang? It's your call. But we are going to a party tonight." Jake told us as we climbed into the car and drove off.

We hung out for most of the day and then that night Jacob took Bella and I to a bonfire that was considered a council meeting.

    "Are you sure this is okay? I really hate being a party crasher." Bella groaned as we walked down the grassy slope towards the already raging fire.

    "Technically you're both council meeting crasher's." He chuckled and pointed out the Elder leaders. "You see? Council leaders, Dad, Quil's grandpa and Sue Clearwater. She took over for Harry when he died."

    "Uh, we really shouldn't be here." I stopped walking and they stopped along with me.

    "You're okay. I thought... I mean, they thought it would be good for you to hear the histories." Jake placed a soft hand on my arm.

    "The histories?" I questioned him. "Like the tribe's histories? Aren't they like, secret?"

    "We all got a role to play, and you're both just as much a part of this. I mean, it's the first time Seth, Leah and Quil will hear them, too. You are the first outsiders though. Ever." Jacob told us as we continued walking forward again.

    "If I had known that I would have dressed better." I mumbled with a furrowed brow looking at my jeans and tee shirt covered by a plain hoodie. Jacob laughed.

    "You look fine, (Y/n)."

    "Jake!" A younger voice shouted happily. We turned to see a younger boy jogging over to us with a big grin on his face. I'd recognized that baby face anywhere.

    "Hey." Jake greeted him.

    "It's about time you got here. Paul's been hovering the grub, but I saved you guys some burgers." He shrugged in such a happy way. I grinned and he looked at me. "No way! Hi, (Y/n). Wow!" He hugged me tightly and I laughed.