Breaking Bones

(Y/n)'s POV
After Jacob had left, I had intense pain in my side, from my baby. I grabbed at my side and breathed though it. When I looked up I saw Emmett's pained face looking at me from outside. Awkwardly, I shuffled and covered back up with a blanket.

Thing's since we'd gotten back two weeks ago were not good. Almost no one, except Rosalie and Bella accepted my decision. Carlisle didn't force anything on me, and Esme just wanted me safe. But the other's were against it. Emmett and I had hardly spoken in two weeks. I hated seeing the way he looked at me. I hated fighting with him, but he didn't leave me with much choice. Though, I supposed he'd say the same thing about me.

Jake had been gone for only about a half an hour, before Edward and Bella appeared back in the living room glancing at me worriedly.

    "What?" I asked. Bella just came over and simply sat with me holding onto one of my hands. Edward walked outside where a sullen Emmett remained.

    "Jacob's here." Bella whispered and stroked my hair.

    "He's back?" I lit up slightly. But Bella didn't smile.

    "Get ready." I heard his voice yell from the forest edge. Emmett and Edward stood side by side at the railing on the porch "They're coming, for (Y/n)." Jacob said.

I gasped slightly and looked back at my sister, who looked back at me sadly. I held my belly with two hands and began to slowly rub it and hum a soft tune, to relax myself and the baby.

    "They're not going to touch her." Emmett snarled.

    "Agreed." Jake nodded.

Shortly Jacob entered the house and gathered everyone for a serious meeting. I looked up at Emmett with a slightly terrified expression and he gave me a soft reassuring smile for the first time in week's.

    "Sam's lost the element of surprise and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered. So he's not going to come at you head on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity." Jacob explained to the group of us their plan.

    "We won't get through it without a fight." Henry said concerned.

    "No fight's." Carlisle said simply. "We won't be the ones to break the treaty."

    "The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind." Jacob reminded them.

    "Not in ours." Esme stated.

    "Carlisle, no one's hunted for weeks." Henry reminded him.

    "We'll make do." Esme assured him softly. I could see Henry and Jasper's expressions harden.

    "You've done us a great service, Jacob. Thank you." Carlisle nodded at him, and Jake nodded back.

Jacob let us know that Seth and Leah had joined him and that they'd be keeping watch, patrolling the outskirts of the house. Seth wasn't a surprise, but Leah was.

I laid on the couch that night, uncomfortable from being hugely pregnant in just the matter of a month. I tried to sleep, and I could feel Emmett sit down beside me, softly stroking my hand, helping me relax. I also knew Jacob had come inside. He stood over the couch watching me full of concern.

Emmett, after I'd fallen asleep went to the computer and got to googling immortal children. Not relaxing his fears in the slightest. He pushed away angrily from the table and leaving the room. Alice, Jasper and Carlisle all sitting down with books, trying to research anything about all this.

Carlisle had been making notes each day about my pregnancy, noting my size, the speed of the growth, every check up he would jot things down.

A couple days of Jacob being around, the eyes of almost every vampire in the house had gone black. Bella stayed away slightly being it was harder for her to control her new found thirst. I had tried to sit up without them causing pain in my side once again. But this time it was intense. Emmett's eyes widened as he rushed to my side and rushed me to the doctor's office area Carlisle had set up. Carlisle took x-rays and put them up on the light board.

    "Your rib is cracked." He sighed. "But there are no splinters. You haven't punctured anything."

    "Yet." Emmett scoffed and I looked at him with a hurt expression.

    "Emmett." Carlisle warned him lightly, after seeing my face.

    "It's breaking her bones now." He said loudly as if I wasn't even in the room. "It's crushing you from the inside out." His words were said in a harsh tone. "Carlisle, tell (Y/n) what you told me. Tell her."   

He looked back at me with a hard expression, deciding whether to listen or not. Probably not wanting to cause me any harm or pain.

    "Carlisle, tell me. It's all right." I assured him. He walked over to me and stood at my bedside.

    "The fetus isn't compatible with your body." I could feel myself tear up, because of all the hormones rushing through me. "It's too strong. It won't allow you to get the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour. I can't stop it, and I can't slow it down." Carlisle looked at me sympathetically and I nodded understanding his words. "At this rate, your heart will give out before you can deliver."

I shook my head at him lightly. I knew I could do this.

    "Then, I'll just hold on as long as I can..." I started to say weakly.

    "(Y/n)." Carlisle said. "There's some conditions that even venom can't overcome. You understand? I'm sorry."

I nodded and gulped trying my best to hold in my tears. Carlisle walked away leaving the room and I could see Emmett staring at me.

    "Emmett, I'm sorry." I apologized quietly looking at him.

    "I can't live with you." He said, removing his gaze.

    "You won't. You're going to have a part of me. She'll need you..." I tried to explain but he cut me off.

    "Do you honestly think that I could love it or even tolerate it if it killed you?" Emmett said pained.

    "It's not her fault." I furrowed my brows. "You have to accept what is."

    "Because you've given me no choice!" He yelled, making me flinch. "Sure, I've been some what of the reckless one, out of the pair that fell in love with a human. But this has completely taken it over the top! We are supposed to be partners, remember? But you decided this on your own. YOU decided to leave me."

    "You didn't even try accept this! You never tried to have conversation about it!" I shouted with what little strength I had.

    "And if I did, if I said I didn't want this would you have listened?" Emmett replied harshly. He saw my shocked expression and scoffed. "No. Exactly. You wouldn't have. You're so stubborn. With no care for my opinion at all! You're not the girl I fell in love with. It's me that is and has lost you. I don't choose that. Like you've chosen this." He shook his head and walked out slamming the door behind him.

Left alone in the room, I began to cry. I didn't understand how he could say that to me. I've always put other's first. I mean, hell, even now I was putting our baby first above everything else. And I wasn't crying, not because of the choices I've made, but because I felt as though I was losing the one person, the one man I'd ever truly loved in my entire life. Sure, we disagreed on something, and it was big. But I've always put his feeling's, just like everyone else before my own. I was doing right by giving birth to this baby. I could feel it. And I was going to make damn sure not to miss it.

    "(Y/n)." Rose said softly peeking her head through the door. She saw me trying to stop crying and she walked over holding me in her arms.

    "Rose, promise me. If something happens to me. Take care of her." I sniffled and rubbed my belly.

    "I don't have to make that promise, because you already know I will and you're going to be here for her." She smiled softly at me. "Come on, you need to relax. How about a bath?"

    "Okay." I sniffled again.

She scooped me up into her arms easily and carried me to the bathroom, helping me undress and climb into a bathrobe while she got the water ready. When she turned the water off, I stood carefully from my chair and stood in front of the mirror taking off my robe. I thought about the harsh words he said as I looked at my body. I was paler than normal, thin and sickly looking. My bones could be seen through my skin from how much weight I'd lost. I noticed a second set of eyes in the mirror. Emmett stood there, looking at my body, with guilt filled eyes. I quickly covered myself back up and Rosalie shut the door.