Breaking Dawn: Part Two

I felt every ounce of pain the second the venom hit my body. I really thought I had died. I was at complete peace with it, knowing my daughter was safe in the world with her father at her side. I couldn't move and struggled for what felt like an eternity, my body completely burning in every which way. I almost would have rather taken the pain from giving birth. Both were agonizing.

I felt the ability to open my eyes returning. They slammed open and everything was so... different. The world was loud, I could see every speck of dust in the air, I could see and hear the condensation running down a vase in the office. I sat up quickly and scanned the room. Eyes adjusting to their new normal line of sight. When I noticed a tall, figure standing by the window watching me. My eyes focused and it was Emmett. He looked at me lovingly and reached out his hand.

I lifted mine slowly and saw the gleam of my wedding ring that had been removed while I was sick, back on my finger. I stood up and in a singular second I was at his side, our hands intertwining. My other hand ran up his arm and I noticed right away he didn't feel the same. It wasn't like he was cold or warm, we just... the same. Emmett's hand traced up my side and to my cheek, I took in his scent which was intoxicating, tenfold than it was before. I leaned into his touch and smiled.

    "You're so beautiful." He whispered tucking hair behind my ear. "We're the same temperature now." Emmett chuckled lightly and I giggled. He took my hand and led me to a mirror so I could see the new me.

What I saw was amazing. I looked mostly like me, beautiful, (Y/H/C) haired girl, not sickly anymore, not starved. Just beautiful me. I looked a little closer and shivered slightly.

    "The eyes are creepy." I said plainly. My voice I noticed, I mostly sounded like me, only slightly different. Emmett belly laughed and cupped my cheeks.

    "They'll disappear. But even the way they are, you're still the most gorgeous woman I've ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes on." He said softly and let go of my face. I reached around him and pulled his waist to mine, our bodies knocked together. When I hugged him, he grunted lightly."Uh, (Y/n). You're a lot stronger than I am right now." I loosened my grip and looked at him apologetically. "It's your turn not to break me."

    "I love you." I told him sweetly.

    "I love you." Emmett leaned in and kissed me.

The same feeling I've always gotten when our lips met hadn't changed. Those fireworks I felt between us were still there. He pulled me closer to him as the kiss intensified but I quickly pulled away feeling no barrier between us. My hands landed on my belly and I gasped looking up at him.

    "Emalie?" I said in sudden shock. He chuckled.

    "She's incredible." He boasted making me smile brightly at him.

    "Where is she? I need to see her." I said with excitement in my voice, Emmett held my hand to keep me from walking off and he cleared his throat looking at me seriously.

    "Wait, wait. She's missed you too. But first you have to get your thirst under control." He reminded me and that's when I felt a sudden burning sensation in my throat. It felt like I hadn't had something to drink in a thousand years. I lifted my hand to my throat and looked at Emmett with a terrified expression. "Yeah, you need to hunt." He smirked. He grabbed my hand and we walked out the office door to the overhead porch.

He jumped with ease over the railing landing softly on the forest floor, looking back at me with a grin. I ran and jumped forward the same way he did, surpassing him with a good distance. We grinned at one another and began running through the forest. It was unlike anything else you could possibly experience. Running freely with vampire speed, through the trees being able to dodge every obstacle with ease. I was a lot faster than Emmett making him laugh. I slowed myself down slightly to stay paced with him.