The Tracker

Emmett rushed over, taking me from Rosalie's grip. He scooped me up bridal style into his arms. Quick as a blink we were next to the Jeep. He got the door open and quickly placed me into the passenger side seat. Edward and Bella, both climbed into the back frantically. Emmett ran around to the driver's side, quickly jumping in and starting up the Jeep.

    "Okay, I've got it! I've got it, I'm alright." Bella shouted in the back.

I could see through the rear view mirror he was struggling to stay calm and help her with her seat belt. I quickly did mine and we went flying at a high speed back through the wood's.

    "What's happening? Is he coming after us?" I asked terrified.

    "Listen, James is a tracker. The hunt is his obsession. I read his mind. Emmett and I's reaction's set him off. We just made this his most exciting game. He's never gonna stop." Edward said gruffly towards us. He sounds just as terrified as the both of us were.

    "Great, that's just great." I said sarcastically while throwing my hands in the air.

    "What should we do?" Bella asked.

    "We have to kill him." Emmett answered angrily, gripping the steering wheel. "Rip him, apart and burn the pieces."

    "Where are we going?" I looked at Emmett worriedly. He whipped the Jeep onto the pavement and sped off again.

    "Away from Forks. I have to keep you safe." Emmett said through his gritted teeth.

    "What?!" I yelled.

I can't just up and leave. If someone's after us that'll lead them home. Home leads to... Charlie.

    "We have to go home! Now!" Bella shouted, obviously coming to the same conclusion.

    "You can't go home!" Edward now shouted. "He's just going to trace your scent there."

    "Our scent is already there! Our dad is there. We..."

    "It doesn't matter!" Edward yelled cutting me off.

    "Yes, it does!" Bella screamed angrily.

    "He could get killed because of us!" I screamed back at him. How dare he suggest our father doesn't matter. "Emmett take us home." I demanded. He looked over at me sadly before his expression changed again.

    "Just let us get you out of here first, all right?" Emmett tried to reason with us both.

    "No! Damn it. That is my Dad! Take me home right now!" I yelled angrily with tear's beginning to brim my eyes.

    "We have to go back!" Bella choked out. "We will figure out a way to lead the tracker away somehow. I don't know... But we have to do something!"

    "Please, Em." I begged. He looked at me and lifted a hand wiping the tear that fell down my cheek. He nodded and turned the car around.

We formulated a plan on the ride back to Bella and I's house. All we could do was hope this would work and keep our father safe. We both jumped out of the Jeep and ran inside. Bella being the last one in began to yell. I saw Dad abruptly sit up on the couch that he must have been sleeping on.

    "Edward, I said leave me alone." She shouted.

    "Emmett get him out of here." I snarled angrily.

    "Bella don't do this please." Edward begged.

    "It's over! Get out!" Bella slammed the door and we both ran up the stairs.