Fish Fry

Later that day after school. We began our drive back to my house. Allowing me to ask more questions that I'd come up with.

    "So, does a person have to be dying to become a vampire?" I asked.

    "Nah, that's just Carlisle. He'd never do this to someone who had another choice." Emmett drummed his finger's on the steering wheel.

    "Okay. So, tell me how you ended up like this."

    "Well, thats quite the story." Emmett quickly and suddenly whipped the car off down a dirt path and kept driving. "I was born in 1915. Henry, Rosalie's husband. He's my biological brother. Almost two years older than me. In 1935, I was about 2 month's shy of turning 20 years old. Henry and I went on a family hunting trip. The two of us paired up together and headed out. We'd been tracking a bear for a while and we thought we were close." He chuckled. "Turns out we were, but the bear was actually behind us. It attacked the both of us, leaving us both badly wounded, and an inch from death. Carlisle and Rosalie, were out hunting near by. The smell of our blood led them right to us."

    "So, then what happened?"

    "Well, Rosalie begged for Carlisle to save Henry. Henry of course, being the stubborn headed man he was. Told them he'd only accept help if they saved me first. I of course, was way worse off then he was. Because I had been trying to protect my brother. Carlisle tried to just care for my wounds, but he was failing. Henry begged him to do whatever he had to do. So Carlisle made a choice. He bit me and made me like this." Emmett explained.

I sat quietly for a moment as curiosity got the best of me.

    "What was that like?" I asked him quietly. Emmett placed a hand on mine, intertwining our fingers.

    "Oh, it was excruciating." He laughed. "Carlisle and Rosalie took us both back to the place they were staying and he had given me morphine when he tried fix me so I was okay up until the venom burned it off."

I cringed slightly at the thought and he chuckled while rubbing his thumb over my hand.

    "So did Rosalie change Henry?" I asked.

    "No. She wanted too. But, she was worried she wouldn't have enough restraint to do it. So Carlisle did it. You've really got to have some crazy amount of restraint to pull it off. To pull away from human blood."

    "So, it's not just a simple bite then?"

    "No." He shook his head and grinned at me. "Such curiosity. Why you want to be a vamp too?" Emmett asked and laughed.

    "No, no, just trying to get to know you better. I don't really know if I'd be able to do it." I said quietly.

    "I'm okay with human (Y/n), you know. But can't say I wouldn't be curious to see what kind of vampire you'd turn out to be." He smirked.

    "That's good. 'Cause I like humany, (Y/n) too. Though, i'm sure I'd probably be a badass vampire." I laughed. He nodded in agreement and the silence happened again, which was calm and quiet. "Hey, so Emmett? Was it other vampires that killed Waylon?" I asked him quietly.

    "Yeah." He said softly. "I'm sorry about your loss by the way. I know he was a good family friend." He brought my hand up to his mouth and kissed it. "But, yeah. There are others out there, and we run into them from time to time. We have some family in Denali, who are like us. But a lot of vampires don't like to live off our style. They don't really get us." Emmett shrugged.

TIME SKIP

Friday, Bella and I had decided to drive to school together in order to catch up. We've been spending so much time with Emmett and Edward, that we hadn't seen each other much. It was nice to fill each other in about what had been going with us both. Talk about the information both of us had been given by both boy's. It's especially nice that I can talk to Bella about this kind of stuff, considering its all a big secret and we can't tell anyone else.