Vampire. / Official.

On our way back home, we were getting ready to pass the Police Station and we could see tons of flashing lights, and a ambulance.

"Whoa, Bells. Dad's still there." I pointed out the window towards the Chief's car.

"What is going on? Can you pull in?" Bella asked Edward, who agreed.

"That's our father's car on the end." Edward noticed Carlisle's car in the parking lot as the car came to a stop.

"What is he doing here?" Emmett wondered out loud.

We all climbed out of the car and Carlisle walked out of the station at the same time.

"Carlisle, what's going on?" Emmett asked in his husky voice.

"Waylon Forge was found in a boat out near his place. I just examined the body." Carlisle sighed.

"He died?" Bella asked shocked.

My eyes widened and tears started to stream down my face before I even had a chance to process anything. Emmett noticed and quickly wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him quickly before regrettably letting go.

"How?" I managed to choke out.

"Animal attack." Carlisle said as he looked between his boy's.

"I'm sorry. I'll talk to you later Emmett, thank you for tonight." I quickly said and ran inside the building to find my Dad.

Bella's POV
(Y/n) ran inside, with tears streaming down her face.

"Sorry, she's a lot closer to Dad's friends..." I let them know and they all gave me sympathetic glances since a family friend just died. "So, you said it was an animal attack. Was it the same one that got that security guard down in Mason?" I questioned the Doctor.

Certainly he must know something. I could see the look in all of their eyes and the way the boys stiffened at the mention of the animal attack.

"Most likely." He glanced to his son's once more.

"Well, it's getting closer to town then." I stated the obvious.

"Bella, you should go inside. Waylon was one of your father's best friends. He and your sister need you." Carlisle put a hand on my shoulder. I nodded my head.

"Okay... Uhm... I'll see you later." I looked back at Edward once more before walking inside to find my Dad and sister.

I walk in to see the two of them looking at an old picture. It was from the Christmas Waylon was Santa Claus and Charlie was holding (Y/n) and I. Charlie began to explain how it'd been 30 years he'd known Waylon. That we was determined to find whatever this thing is that killing people. He even went bit overboard and made us both take a bottle of mace to protect us. We both only took it because it would give him peace of mind.

(Y/n)'s POV
Dad drove us home that night. Neither Bella or I could sleep. So we kept each other company in her bedroom. We decided to talk about everything by going over the animal attack. When we walked out of the station earlier with our father, we had seen Waylon's body being removed. He had bite marks on his skin, but it was regular looking teeth marks. Like a human. That's when everything started to piece itself together for us.

Why when Bella first met Edward she'd sworn his eyes were black as coal. How Emmett was like like a stone hard rock wall. How they both moved incredibly fast. They never ate or drank anything in front of us. Both of their eyes are a golden shade, even though they aren't actually related. Inhuman strength. Their skin is like ice. She even told me that at dinner he'd told her he could read minds, well everyone's except ours. Which explained a lot. We even did some research on what they were just to see if any old legends that were actually accountable added up. Sure enough, we seemed to be right on the money with our suspicions.