The Night Before

Emmett's POV
They'd been gone for at least 20 minutes and I couldn't help the overwhelming jealousy growing inside me. I know, (Y/n)'s heart belong's to me. And he's her best friend so, of course, she cares about him. But man, that wolf get's under my freaking skin.

Jasper and Edward ran off to see if either of them could track her scent through the trees. I sighed out loud without even realizing it.

"Emmett. She's fine you know that right?" Bella tilted her head and looked at me. I looked at her and groaned.

    "I know. It's just... Why couldn't he take you?" Bella belted out laughing and I glared at her.

    "Because you know whether it was today or tomorrow. Either day he would have been the one to scoop her up anyways. Jacob's her best friend and they've always been close."

"But he likes her... and I'm just..." I sighed. "Afraid." I admitted honestly. I wasn't one to typically show vulnerability.

"Emmett, (Y/n)'s always going to have a soft spot for Jacob. But even when you were gone she never truly opened her heart for him. Her heart has always belonged to you from the moment you two laid eyes on each other. Just remember, she's trying to get through this the same as you. I know she loves you, and maybe there's a part of her that's confused on her feeling towards him. But no matter what happens, you're her happy ending." Bella spoke truthfully and smiled. Placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I really love her, Bella." I breathed.

"I know."

"I'm, uh,  going to take her out to our spot later... I plan on giving her this, if she'll have me." I pulled out a small black box from my pocket and opened it showing her the ring I had made for (Y/n).

It was a simple silver band with vines crawling up the sides. Small silver leaves elegantly placed along them. With a circular, stunning diamond, placed delicately in the middle.

"Emmett." She said breathlessly. "She's going to love it."

"Better not be proposing to my girlfriend there, Emmett." Edward said laughing as he came out of the tree line.

"Nah, sorry, Bella. You stuck with my loser brother." I poked fun at him. "No. I was just showing her the ring. Hopefully I have her blessing." I glanced back at her, hopeful.

"Of course you do." She laughed. "So how'd it go?" She returned her attention to the now appearing Jasper.

"All we picked up is wolf stench. No, (Y/n)." He said as he approached. I gave him an unintentional annoyed look. "This will work." Jasper tried to reassure me.

"Great." I said bitterly.

(Y/n)'s POV
After Jacob finally rounded back around to the guys, Emmett said he had something to do and that he'd see me later. Edward, I guess, told Bella the same thing and we drove home together in the truck. When we arrived we came across a site we would have never expected. Dad and Alice were exiting the house. Smiling and laughing. Bella and I both couldn't help but smile at their interaction but that certainly didn't cease our peaked curiosity.

"Okay, Alice, don't be a stranger." Dad said before we walked back inside the house.

"Okay." She giggled and walked towards Bella and I, as we walked up the walkway.

"What was that about?" Bella smiled and looked at her curiously.

"Your alibi's for the battle are all arranged." Alice replied happily.