The Newborn Battle

I woke up that morning and there was no Emmett, no Edward, and no Jacob. I nudged Bella to make her get up. We climbed out of our blankets and the warmth that still lingered there. Unzipping the tent I climbed out to see the ground had been covered with a light blanket of snow. It was no wonder as to why it was so cold up here last night. When we exited the tent a large, yet smaller grayish wolf trotted up to us and greeted us with a wolfy grin.

    "Hi Seth." I greeted him.

Emmett and Edward both walked up the slope towards us.

    "Hey, where's Jacob? Did he already.." I questioned them looking right at Emmett.

    "Not yet." Emmett reassured me softly. "He's checking to see if the woods are clear before he goes." I walked over to him and he wrapped his arms around me. Seth jumped away after giving a look towards Edward and Emmett. I looked up at Emmett's face remembering bit's of the conversations I'd over heard.

    "I'm really sorry about last night. I can't imagine that, that was easy on you..."

Emmett chuckled and held me flush against him.

    "It won't be a part of my top ten list of favorite evenings. That's for sure."

    "You have a list?" I looked at him in surprise.

    "Yep. All 10 I've spent with you." He brushed some of my hair behind my ear. "Number one is when you agreed to marry me, Mrs. Cullen." He placed a soft kiss to my nose and I chuckled lightly.

    "You're marrying him?" Jacob walked up from behind Emmett standing only a few feet away. He looked hurt, pained, and more importantly pissed. I gasped and looked at him from around Emmett's bulky chest.

    "Jake, I..." I returned my gaze to Emmett's face as his arms had slowly let go. I furrowed my eyebrows at him in an angry manner. "You knew he was close enough to hear you! Didn't you?" I accused him.

    "He needed to know..." Emmett said plainly as he crossed his arms. Jacob walked off away from us.

    "Jake, wait!" I called out after him.

    "(Y/n), just let him..." Emmett reached for me and grabbed my hand in an attempt to stop me.

    "Don't! I told you I wanted to tell him, but not like this! He could get killed because of me!" I yelled angrily and I got my hand out of his hold and walked off after Jacob.

    "Jacob, stop. Jake please, please, wait!" I called out trailing behind him.

    "I'm done! I'm so done!" He stopped and angrily spit through his teeth.

    "What can I do?" I begged him, fear evident in my voice.

    "You can't do anything. I can, by going out there and killing something." He tried to walk away again and I started to panic even more.

    "No! No! You're not thinking clearly. Please don't do that!"

    "Well, maybe I'll get myself killed and make it simple for you." Jacob's voice was full of anger as he kept trying to walk away from me.

    "No!" I choked, attempting to hold back my tears. "Jake, stay!" I begged him. I knew I needed a reason. I couldn't let him go off because of me.

    "Why?" Jacob asked looking at me turning back and walking back until he was right in front of me. "Give me one good reason."

    "Because I can't lose you, you're my best friend." A single tear fell from my eye.

    "It's not good enough."