- ignorance

- that's funny, i thought he'd be weirded out with me just staring at him

be weirded out with
me just staring at him.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

( y / n )

I WAS TOO IGNORANT.

after leaving my canvas in the art room and covering it with a cloth so no one will mess it up, that's exactly what happened.

a few hours ago, the first years had to use the art room for their class. i planned on going to the art room an hour before school started so i could move my canvas to the classroom in order to prevent it from being ruined.

however, i procrastinated in doing so now i'm having a little crisis as the teacher asks for the said assignment. i bit my lip, anxiously staring down in horror at the way the colors had been splashed with blue paint and smudged everywhere.

my eye twitched in annoyance, how do you accidentally mess up this badly?! how clumsy do you have to be?! i groaned internally and tried picturing ways on how it could be fixed by the end of the day.

"l/n, your project?" the teacher inquired. i furrowed my eyebrows in worry and tried to make an excuse but a lump was stuck in my throat.

ah. how pathetic.

drowning in shame, i embarrassingly mustered up the courage to speak, "sir, someone had accidentally messed up my painting..."

i don't even know i will be able to finish that project in time in my current, burnt out state. i could ask for an extention but he might deduct some points and art is the only thing pulling my grades up apart from japanese literature.

the teacher studied my ruined painting behind me and let out a sigh, "well, it can't be helped. we were planning on displaying the student's art projects for an exhibit this week," he explained, "i can't extend the deadline, l/n. but, you may partake in today's assignment. don't worry, i wont deduct your points."

my heart leapt from joy and i find myself eagerly asking what the project was about. "you have to draw the person in front of you. go on, pick a partner. i don't think everyone has one yet." i nodded then froze when he mentioned 'partner.'

dear god, why do you hate me?

i'd much rather do my project alone. partnered and group projects are horrible— they either do all the work or don't do any work (i glared daggers at saiko metori having experinced a partnered project with him).

my eyes scanned the room, students chattered and asked if they could be partners, while others stood up doing nothing (probably waiting for someone to ask them).