- scenery

- "if you don't remember me, i'll win your heart! and you better do the same!"

- "if you don't
remember me, i'll
win your heart! and
you better do the same!"

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
( y / n )

THE SCENERY IN FRONT OF ME was interesting to say the least. i don't know where i am right now, though it feels familiar. i scanned the area, looking for a sign of some sort that could help determine where i currently was. "elementary school" was all i read on the walls of the building— the name of the said kindergarten was blurred out from my vision.

kids flooded the area, running and laughing, some waving their parents goodbye. i couldn't help but smile. then i saw someone; she looked exactly like. me but younger. squinting my eyes in confusion, i hid behind the big tree that was conveniently placed beside the school entrance as i peeked at the scene in front of me.

"i'll be going now, y/n. behave in class today, alright?" a woman in business attire whose face i couldn't see because of that stupid blur, said in a stern yet gentle manner. the little girl, who i now know was a child version of me, nodded happily. it's as if she was used to this but didn't mind.

"yes, mommy!" she beamed, gripping the straps of her backpack, "um, will you or daddy come pick me up?" she looked down at her feet, as if nervous to ask the question. the woman paused before kneeling down in front of her. she rested a hand on the girl's shoulder and sighed, "i'll try. no promises." little y/n looked up and nodded slowly, before walking to the entrance of the school.

she looked towards my direction and i froze on the spot. can she see me?!

"kusuo!" she then exclaimed, waving her dominant hand frantically, a big grin oher face. i looked back and saw a head of pink hair that looked exactly like the kusuo i know but younger. am i dreaming? isn't this the thing you see in movies?!

dumbfounded, i followed after them quietly after realizing that no one can see me. that thought of mine was soon proven wrong after a tiny kusuo looked back and stared at me— no, more like glared at me. i gulped and froze. "hey, you're not supposed to see me." i muttered.

"what's wrong?" little y/n asked, looking back at kusuo who stopped following her to the building. she then looked up and noticed my presence. ah, so they can see me after all! then why didn't she—

"hello there! are you our teacher?" she greeted. oh god, i wasn't this naive as a kid, right? feeling cornered, i only nodded and smiled awkwardly. the girl jumped excitedly and grabbed ahold of kusuo's hand, dragging him to the elementary school. "we'll see you soon, miss!" she waved goodbye and i only stood there, confused at what just happened.

no, what was happening? if i'm lucid dreaming, i should be able to control my dreams, right? this looks more like a memory that i don't remember at all in present date. apparently i was childhood friends with kusuo. i'm assuming this is the first day of first grade since the air is hot and humid, indicating that it's summer.