- jump then fall

"you have pretty eyes, kusuo

"you have pretty eyes, kusuo."

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
saiki

"JUST JUMP THEN FALL INTO ME!" y/n yelled, annoyed. i scoffed, turning around to face the girl but also confused if what she meant was literal or metaphorical. "if this is another way of getting me to like you, it's not very effective." i crossed my arms, staring at y/n.

she groans, banging her head lightly on the cafe table. "i just want to hear you say you love me..." she mumbles, now staring into my eyes. growing nervous, i avert eye contact but thankfully y/n didn't take it any other way and sighed in annoyance, "i'm running out of options. should i just get kuboyasu to date me?"

snap!

the sound of the spoon i had in hand broke in two pieces, causing both y/n and i to turn our attention to the now broken silver spoon. "kusuo! you need to pay for that now!" she whisper-yelled. i sighed and used restoration to turn it back to normal, "see, it's fine now." y/n frowns, "sometimes i forget you're a psychic. i wish i was a cupid or something. i would get you to fall for me instantly!" the girl then forms her hands into a gun and pretends to shoot me.

"well that's ridiculous because cupids aren't real." i say as a matter-of-factly. y/n groans again.

"hey, why don't you take off your glasses?" she asks suddenly, making me stop eating my coffee jelly. i stayed silent for a moment before setting the used-to-be broken silverware on the table and cleared my throat, "because if i do, you'd be sitting there staring at me while i eat my coffee jelly for the rest of the day." i explain, a chuckle leaving my lips.

"isn't that what i already do though?" y/n laughs, "so, turning to stone, huh? does it only happen when you make eye contact with the person without anything blocking you?" i nodded, finishing off the coffee jelly i ordered. as i was about to ask for more, y/n stood up. before i could ask her where she was going, she already left.

geez, what is wrong with this girl?

a few minutes have passed and y/n comes back with a paper bag in hand. "what's that for?" the girl only giggles, setting it beside her and rested her chin on her palm, staring at me with excitement in her eyes. "it's a surprise." i raised a brow but let the conversation drop at that.

y/n continued to stare at me. i should've grown used to this but recently, i've been nervous everytime she does so. e/c eyes staring at me with pure adoration and a goofy grin etched onto her lips. i found myself slowly eating a dessert just so i could let her observe me for a little longer— after all, it gave me the opportunity to stare at the said girl too.

y/n would always give me the same loving gaze as if she saw me with rose tinted glasses. it was ridiculous but i couldn't say that for i, too, watched her with the same intrigue. whenever y/n paints or draws in the art room, a paint brush in hand, stroking the blank canvas with vibrant colors, it just looks so mesmerizing to watch you wouldn't even realize you were watching.