christmas special

y/n's pov

y/n's pov

SNOW FELL FROM THE HEAVENS as i watched with awe. then, extending my hand out, hoping to catch a snowflake, a hand with red mittens grabbed my wrist.

i looked at the person standing next to me and smiled. it was the same pink-haired psychic that i fell in love with.

“what?”

“what do you mean, what?” he squinted at me, a frown on his lips. i giggled.

“sorry,” i laughed, shaking his hand off and clinging to his arm, “let’s go!”

kusuo and i had plans for this year’s christmas. we spent christmas together once as kids, and it wasn’t all that eventful. we exchanged gifts and parted ways as he couldn’t enter my house and wouldn’t allow me in his.

a month ago, i pleaded that we spend christmas together as it was the first time we would do so while in a relationship. but, wow, the word relationship still gives me butterflies. my eyes darted to kusuo, and he had the same deadpanned expression while looking straight ahead. my thoughts were so loud that i didn’t even realize we were at the temple.

we would go to this place and then go to kusuo’s house to have dinner with his family. while he hated the idea, as he knew our other classmates would be there, i insisted on it as it had been a while since i’d seen kokomi and the others.

kokomi and i are on good terms. sometimes she jokes that she would steal me away from kusuo, leading to the pink-haired boy making me avoid the perfect girl. i didn’t peg him to be jealous, but mikoto said otherwise.

“this is it. snap out of your daze, y/n,” kusuo lightly scolded. i sighed in playful defeat and skipped to the temple entrance, where a line of people was already wishing for what they wanted for new year. i patiently waited, rocking back and forth with my heels. finally, after a man with green hair left, looking devastated, i quickly ran to his spot. i tossed a yen coin before shaking the shimenawa rope and clapping twice.

closing my eyes, the world around me went quiet. almost too quiet. it was eerie, but i shook it off and focused on making my wish.

this year, i wish that kusuo would have an everyday life— that his wish would finally come true.

once i opened my eyes, i smiled and turned around to see kusuo behind me, mouth agape. i froze on the spot, face heating up from embarrassment. he probably read my mind as i forgot to wear the bracelet today, meaning he knew what i wished for. this is humiliating.

“it’s not,” i heard him speak telepathically. he looked away, face slightly tinted red. i was confused and in awe at the same time. i’ve never seen him get so flustered before. seeing this, i decided to tease him some more.

“aw, was my wish so humble and considerate that you’ve fallen for me all over again?” i batted my eyelashes slowly, making my boyfriend even redder.