- little miss sunshine

- but that image

- but that image... no,
it looked more like a
memory dream— whatever
that was. was it l/n's?

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

( y / n )

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE was the nickname my birth parents called me. i don't really remember the past from when i was in middle school since i forced myself to forget them after... what happened. ah, see, it happened again. i don't know why, but i don't want to remember anything from when i was a kid.

it felt like a bad time for me. although, i still remember bits and pieces of happy memories with my birth parents, i felt like there were more bad than good.

i do know that my parents gave me to the iridatsu family and i know my birth parents were good friends of theirs, although, i don't know why they did give me off. i just thought they didn't want me anymore.

mom never told me and i never asked— there was no reason to.

i woke up as usual but this time it was freezing cold— i could almost see a puff of breath forming in front of me and i'm in my room! this is ridiculous, the weather can't be this cold?!

footsteps could then be heard outside my room and i saw yuuta all bundled up in who knows how many layers of jackets and sweaters. "yuuta?" teeth chattering, i managed to utter a word out to my younger brother.

the former only smiled and showed me his hands that were covered with wool mittens. "what? why are you dressed like that?" i asked, rubbing my hands on my arms, trying to keep warm. i wore long sleeved pajamas last night, how is it so cold?! i didn't even open the air conditioner!

"mom said that it'll be really cold today so she made me wear this!" yuuta explained. i cocked an eyebrow and blew on my palms, rubbing them together afterwards.

"please tell me school is cancelled?"

"nope!"

i groaned, letting out an annoyed sigh and got out of bed. my bare feet touched the floor and i immediately scrambled back to my bed, under the covers. "sis, what's wrong?" i heard yuuta ask, worried.

"n-nothing! it's just cold," i cleared my throat, "go wait downstairs, i'll get ready in a bit and take you to school." after yuuta left, i internally screamed as i felt like i would die from hypothermia in my own room while slipping on my uniform and wearing multiple layers.

after putting on the thickest scarf i could find in my closet and wearing a face mask and mittens, i walked downstairs to see yuuta swinging his legs back and forth on the couch. "let's go?" i dug my house keys from my bag and unlocked the door.