- pretty girl

"i hope you'll win his heart

"i hope you'll win his heart."

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

saiki

"KUSUO, THE PERFECT PRETTY GIRL likes me! what do i do?!" i could only stare at the letter she held in hand as she panicked over what to do. jumbled and mushed words were running through her mind, making it hard to listen to one single train of thought. although, i could faintly make out a reoccurring phrase which was 'what do i do?!'

the only answer i gave was silence and a shrug— this isn't my problem to begin with and certainly not something i should be involved with. also, was l/n seriously that dense that she didn't notice teruhashi practically admiring her the way she did with me months ago? considering how a girl liking another girl is something unexpected for someone like teruhashi, it's not entirely impossible. i am curious as to how she will reject teruhashi, however.

wait.

why did i immediately assume l/n would for sure reject teruhashi? in fact, it would be the best if she got together with her— it would cause less problems for me.

"you're no help! what do i do? i didn't think kokomi of all people would have a crush on me! wait— do you think this could be a prank?" the h/c haired girl started talking with herself, thinking of other possibilities. "if you're so unsure, i can confirm that it's, in fact, written by teruhashi." l/n stared at me, an unreadable expression on her face.

she looked back at the letter and sighed, "should i just avoid the topic? i don't want to lead her on..." biting her lip, she folded the letter back neatly and slipped it inside the pink envelope then leaned back on the couch. "it's really not that big of a deal.  you dating her would benefit me a lot, if i'm being honest." i commented, crossing my arms. l/n grumbled, "i thought she liked you..."

"she used to. glad she was able to move on." i sighed with relief, reminiscing the days of when teruhashi tried her hardest to get my attention but ultimately failed. perhaps that failure was a silver lining.

scratching her head, l/n started making random distress noises, "how do i face her tomorrow? she's probably expecting an answer."

"again, it really isn't that big of a deal. just act normally around her the next day. you could say you like someone else or something—" i explained but stopped once i realized the words i had spouted. did i just admit to accepting that l/n likes me? the said girl turned to face me and laughed, "so this letter did make you jealous! ha, i knew it."

hopping off the couch, she stretched her arms. "don't worry, i only have eyes for you, and you're the only one i'm ever going to pursue!" she beamed, ruffling my hair before skipping over to the door to leave. fixing my hair, i glared at the girl who just left.