- tarot cards

yet why is it when i think of a scenario where y/n ignoresmy presence altogether, a tightness in my chest arises?

a scenario where y/n ignores
my presence altogether,
a tightness in my chest arises?

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

saiki

"FORTUNE TELLER? TAROT CARDS?" i questioned the girl who was brimming with excitement in front of me. she clasped my hands in her and only nodded enthusiastically once i repeated what she had just said. y/n planned on taking me to a fortune teller because she said it was fun. apparently, she met a girl there who was going to transfer to our school in a few days and that girl just so happened to give y/n a discount for quote-unquote "drawing her perfectly."

sometimes i question where y/n finds inspiration for her art.

"do i have to go? isn't this a waste of money?" pulling my hand away from hers, i stared at the blank page of my notebook that was supposed to be filled with what i did throughout the summer. the reason y/n visited me was to help out with the summer homework (in reality, she was planning on copying off from me), however, she went off on a tangent about what happened to her summer- other than the summer festival- and insisted i go with her to that fortune telling shop she was dragged to a few weeks ago.

a sound of agreement escaped her lips, her smile never faltering, "it doesn't matter! i have a discount, remember? it isn't even that expensive in the first place." y/n waved off, trying to convince me. what good will going to a fortune teller do for me? well, it would be nice if they could predict that i'd somehow lose my powers and have a normal, boring life- that would at least be worth the time.

"no." i firmly said for the nth time this day. a groan resonated from the girl and she sprawled out on the floor, "why don't you want to go?" she whined. i felt a chuckle almost escape my lips as i was reminded of how she was like her child self with how she was acting right now. did i remember the past this much? it wasn't even that long ago when she found out i was a psychic and her childhood friend.

"i'll pay for your fortune telling session! just come with me," y/n bargained, sitting up and furrowing her eyebrows. it doesn't look like she's going to give up anytime soon, might as well agree so she'll stop bothering me. "fine, but you're buying me coffee jelly once we're done." with that being said, y/n jumped with glee and hugged me. good grief, i just agreed to going with her to a fortune teller, why is she acting like i said yes to her marriage proposal?

"alright, let's go!"

"wait, now?" i asked, confused. y/n grabbed my arm and smiled.

"now."

so there we were, in front of a brothel looking store. "are you sure this is the right place? it doesn't look very..." while searching for the right words to describe the place in front of us, the h/c haired girl cut me off and handed the receptionist the discount coupon that had the same amount of innuendos that was displayed in front of the store. am i going to regret this? absolutely.