- it's raining

- oh, god

- oh, god. there's seriously
no denying it now that
i called him the person i liked!

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

( y / n )

"IT'S RAINING." i say to myself, extending my hand out to the open window to feel the droplets of water landing on my palms. inhaling the scent of the wet trees and surrounding areas, i smiled to myself. rainy days were always the best- that is... if you don't have school.

"y/n! you'll be late!" my mom yelled from downstairs. i furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance, not wanting to go to school. there were now two reasons i didn't want to go to the said place. one: it's raining. walking in the rain may be calming, but it gets your shoes wet and soggy socks aren't exactly ideal. two: saiki. after finding out i held feelings for the boy that sat in front of me, i couldn't act normally around him as much as i wanted to.

i started to avoid him and while that might be a good thing for him, it wasn't for me. i hate coming to terms with my feelings, especially when it comes to love. i don't think i ever had any crushes in the past but my last one embarrassed me in front of the entire class which made me want to transfer schools. that's how i ended up in pk academy.

i didn't want the same thing to happen between me and kusuo. we had a friendship and although it may be one sided in my perspective, he seemed to tolerate me to some extent. he's the first real friend i made in my two years of staying at this school- i didn't want my feelings to be the reason that friendship would break.

and so, i will keep my feelings buried until i decide to let go of him. if i ever decide to let him go, i'll confess. until then, i won't let these feelings get in the way and try to keep them at bay.

picking up the clear umbrella from the rack, i said my goodbyes and left for school. the walk there was normal, much more peaceful, to be honest. thankfully, the water didn't splash to my shoes that much and i was comfy. making my way to the lockers, i changed into the school shoes and walked up to the classroom, head clouded with thoughts and how to act.

as soon as i entered the classroom, saiki turned towards me. i froze on the spot and awkwardly sat behind him, quickly taking out my notes and writing nonsensical things. i felt him turn around to face me and i looked up, locking eyes with him.

"hi." i greeted stiffly. god, what is wrong with me?! i screamed, feeling embarrassed. i hate this feeling so much. the feeling of nervousness but you don't know if it's a good or bad kind of nervous. it feels like butterflies but not all butterflies are good signs. "do you need something?" i asked. i wanted to invite him over to hang out, it sounds like something i'd say on a typical day without any feelings for him.