- it's raining here too -

- memory

- memory

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾
kusuo

staring off into the window, i expected a h/c haired girl to come pull me aside and drag me outside, saying we should play in the rain. i would agree and the teacher would scold us for disobeying her. why wasn't she doing it?

oh. right. she isn't here anymore.

how long has it been since she'd transfered? surely it hasn't been that long... we were in first grade and it's suddenly my middle school graduation. it's... been that long. i wonder if it's also raining wherever she is.

after graduation, my family decided to go to a barbecue place to celebrate, although it was just their excuse to eat out but i didn't mind. my thoughts have been muddled lately after that incident in second grade that i tried to forget, as well as my first love leaving. was she even my first love?

once we were seated, the waiter there took our order and did the same routine. it was mundane. i was back to a boring life. only she made it the least bit exciting. i still have her painting. that childish painting of splashed colors together and poorly drawn stickmen meant to represent the two of us. the first person other than my family to know my secret.

"why did we have to go to a barbecue place? can't we just stay home?" a girl complained as the sound of the doors opening resonated. i glanced at the source and saw a family of four being led to a corner just a row parallel to ours. "no! it's your graduation, why wouldn't we do something extra?" the mother digressed, ushering her daughter to sit down as she cradled an infant in her arms.

"dad, tell mom to take us back home." she then gently shook her father who only stared at her and shook his head. a quick mind read would tell you that he enjoyed spending time with his family which is why he didn't want to comply with his daughter's request.

much to her father's dismay, the girl slumped in her seat.

i finally got a better view of the family as the table that was between us was unoccupied. that h/c hair and familiar voice. no, it wasn't her, right? this is just my mind playing tricks on me because i missed her. but part of me wants to believe that it is her. does she remember me just like how i remember her? did i flood her thoughts just like she did mine?

"ku, the food is here." mom announced, snapping me out of my daze. i nodded and picked up the meat with my chopsticks, placing it on the grill as i waited for it to cook. "why don't you call your friends from elementary? you still keep in touch with one of them, right?" the girl laughed, "i don't remember anything from elementary." i froze upon hearing that. ah, so i did imagine it after all.

i glanced back at the family again and saw the mother soften her gaze in pity at the girl in front of her. "the therapist said her memories were distorted because of that incident... does she really not remember anything?" what? what incident?

"kusuo, your food!" dad exclaimed. i snapped my head to the grill to see the meat i had placed on it, burnt. i frowned but placed it on a plate and went back to listening to the thoughts of this family.

"do you remember that boy in kindergarten? um, if i can recall, you used to talk about him alot." she joked. the girl scoffed, a blush coating her face, "whatever you remember from my childhood was in the past! god i must be so embarrassing." she quickly hid her face in her hands but her mom kept teasing her.

the waiter then gave them their food and they started eating. "ku, aren't you gonna eat?" i looked at my empty plate and shook my head. i don't have an appetite after that. if that girl really is... y/n, then she must have no recollection of me. and what did her mom mean by therapist? also that incident, was it the same incident that happened the day before she left?

"hm, how about you check the school we transfered you to." her mother suggested, earning a frown from her daughter. "i just graduated middle school and you're bringing up high school." she poked at her food, picking up a piece of meat and plopping it in her mouth. "it looks nice, though. they even have their own art room." her mother nodded happily. "yep! i hope you enjoy it there, y/n."

y/n.

so it really is her.

i wanted to go up to her, ask her if she remembers me. make her remember me if she doesn't. tell her how much it's been torturous and mundane without her antics- without her. how i longed to see her for years ever since she transfered. i want to go to her.

suddenly she made eye contact with me. what do i do? i wanted to wave at her, whip out the painting she did in kindergarten to trigger her memories. do anything that would grab her attention. but i just sat there, continuing to stare at her.

finally, i blinked and she giggled, "i won."

turning away, i couldn't hold back the smile that was undeniably on my lips. she was still cheery as ever.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

a/n; end of act two breakdances