Part 21: Mall (2)

*Still Nick's POV*
We followed the lady over to the back. "We have the tubes of face masks, one use face masks, and the container face masks." She said pointing to a different area each time. "Okay thank you!" I responded. "No problem, let me know if you need anything." She smiled as she walked away. "Okay, I don't think you should get the one use ones..." Wilbur said after the girl left. "Agreed, maybe one of the container ones? It seems more professional." I shrugged. "Agreed." Wilbur said as we walked over to look at them. We looked at all of them and kept going back and forth between different ones. "We need to choose one soon the girls might come here." Wilbur said in a panic. "Perfect! Because I think this one is good." I said holding up one.

"Looks nice! I think-" Wilbur said

"Looks nice! I think-" Wilbur said. "Agreed." I said then walked to the register. I placed down the item and a lady rang me up. "Is this all for today?" She asked. "Yep!" I said smiling. "Did you find everything okay today?" She asked as she scanned the item. I looked at Wilbur. "Uh, yeah." I said with an uneasy voice. "Okay your total will be 12.26." She said after looking at her computer. "Okay thank you." I said as I handed her the money. "Here is your change." She said putting it in my hand. She handed me the bag. "Have a great day!" She said. "You too!" I said as we walked out the door.

"Okay let's go this way!" I said going the other way than the way we came. "Okay!" Wilbur said following me. We walked for 3 minutes until a store caught my eye. "Ooo! Can we go into that store?" I asked Wilbur. "Yeah why not?!" Wilbur said running over to it. "Awesome!" I said following him. We made it inside and was welcomed by one of the workers. We looked around for awhile. I found this book from the movie up. It had 'Our Adventure book' written on the front. I picked it up and looked at it closer. I thought it would be a good gift for y/n so I decided to get it. "Hey Wil!" I said. Wilbur quickly turned around. "I think I'm going to get this for y/n!" I said showing him the book.

"That is really nice!" Wilbur smiled

"That is really nice!" Wilbur smiled. "Do you think she'll like it?" I asked worried. "Yeah! Definitely!" Wilbur said as his phone dinged. He pulled out his phone and read a text I think. "I'm going to go check out." I said as I walked over to the cash register. There was two people in front of me so I had to wait. After only 5 minutes of waiting I was able to check out. I placed the book on the counter and the guy scanned it. He told me the price and I paid. He gave me the bag and I walked out of the store. I placed the bath and body works bag inside the big bag as well. Wilbur walked out shortly after me. "What was that about?" I asked him. "Oh the girls wanted to know when we would be back." Wilbur shrugged. "Oh what did you tell them?" I asked. "oh I just told them I had no idea." Wilbur smiled. "Okay, well do you want to get anything?" I asked him. "Nah, we can head back now if you're done." Wilbur looked behind him. "Yeah sure." I said then we walked back the way we came. We have been walking for 10 minutes. I pulled out my phone to text y/n.

My World ♥️🌎

Hey where are you guys?

Oh we are at Wetzels
Pretzels. Why?

You texted Wilbur when
we were coming back so
we are on our way but we
didn't know where you were.

Okay see you soon ♥️

See you soon 🧡

*End of messages*

"I just asked y/n were they were and she said they are at Wetzels Pretzels." I said putting away my phone. "Okay." Wilbur said.

*Y/n's POV*
Damn! Wilbur thought of a good as hell lie! He's good. Niki and I finished our food and threw away the trash. We both just talked until the two boys came. I saw them coming so I told Niki. "Nick and Wilbur are almost here." I said. "Okay!" Niki said smiling. "Hello!" Niki and I said smiling at the boys. Wilbur sat next to Niki and Nick sat next to me. (A/n I just wanted to clear things up real quick just in case if someone thinks this. I am NOT shipping Niki and Wilbur, I just feel like Wilbur would be a big brother to Nick about stuff like this so those two have now become irl friends and you and Niki have been best friends so it just is kind of a coincidence. Okay now I cleared that up. Continue...) "I think I'm going to head back to the house soon." Niki shrugged. "Same." Wilbur nodded. "Yeah, I got all my shopping done." I laughed. "Okay so are we heading back?" Nick asked. "Yep." We all replied. Everyone got up and we all grabbed our stuff and tried to find our way out of the mall. Eventually we found our way out. Nick and I were walking behind Niki and Wilbur. I put both my bags in one hand and I held Nick's hand with my free hand. Once we had made it home Niki went up to her room and Wilbur went to his room as well. Nick and I went upstairs. "Come here." I said to him opening my room. He shrugged and went in. I walked in and shut my door. We both sat on my bed. "I got something for you!" I said excitedly. "Really! Because I got something for you too!" Nick said matching my energy. "Can I go first?" I asked. "Sure." Nick smiled. I gave him the bag of rings.

———————————————————————————
Cliffhanger sorry (not sorry). Like I said earlier I am not trying to ship Niki and Wilbur I know they are not comfortable with things like that. I hope you guys do like this story. I'm trying not to go too quick with the story but I also don't want to go to slow with the story so, let me know your thoughts on the speed. Love you all!

Have a great day!

Word count: 1085