2 - Where it starts

Strolling down the empty, dark street of Seoul towards the street light which had been flickering for quite a long time, you finally get a glimpse of the tattoo shop you had been searching for with its banner slightly tilted.

It had been a week since you turned 18 but your dad was against you getting a tattoo. However, you managed to somehow let him allow you by saying it was a really tiny one on your ankle.

For the first time in your life, you had the courage to lie to Mr. Kang, the man whom you referred to as "dad" and the man you owed a life to.

With each step you took, getting closer to the shop, your breath hitched and your heart pounded like crazy.

You still weren't sure if you were ready for this.

Sighing, you put your hand in your skirt's pocket and take out the piece of crumpled paper from years ago, it still had the tattoo design but now it was almost faded.

Glancing over at your bodyguard who continued walking behind you like a shadow, you groan in tiredness.

Leave me alone for once.

You wouldn't have even gotten this tattoo if it wasn't for your dead father. Your memories with him were slowly dying but you didn't want to forget him forever. His face was no longer clear in your mind, it was just another blurry memory and you also remembered very little about the day he died.

Infact you remembered nothing except rolling down the cliff and him handing you this piece of paper.

Getting a tattoo is the only way of making him stay, getting a part of him carved onto me forever.

"Miss are you sure you want to do this?" Your bodyguard asks hesitantly after seeing you zone out again.

"Yes" you state in full confidence and fasten your pace to the tattoo shop.

Brushing the dust off the delicate glass door, you peek inside. There was no one except a guy dozing off at the counter.

Taking a deep breath, you push it open and the bell rings loud, signalling that you were inside the shop. That particular guy who was sleeping immediately rises from his seat and stands up in an attentive position.

The entire place smelled like strong cologne and cigarette smoke.

You look around the white walls covered with different sort of pictures of masculine men who were drenched in ink. They looked like the local criminals you would see lurking around in the dark.

"What would you like to have? A tattoo or a piercing?" The guy from earlier asks, nothing special about him, just another high school kid.

"Tattoo" you reply without thinking much, "Tattoos actually, I want two of them" one of your appa's design and one to make Mr. Kang believe you only wanted to get a small one.

"Is it your first time?" He questions.

"Does it matter?" you question him back.

"Not really but we will be a little slow and gentle if it's your first time"

"Yes it's my first" you answer.

Hearing your answer, the guy points his slender finger, slightly crooked at the middle towards some designs hanging on the wall that were clinging for dear life.

"Which one?" He asks

"None" you say "I have my own design"

"Oh okay then I'll get you the form first. Please stay right here"