64 - Dvd 03

"Oh god I can barely breathe at this point" jungwon plops down on a chair next to his partner.

The location had changed as well, it looked like they were hiding in someone's basement, a very old and shabby basement.

Sangwoo helps mister jeon sit up straight, the cuts and wounds on both of their faces could be seen clearly under the dim moonlight along with the dark locks of hair that framed their facial features.

"We have a few oxygen tanks at the infirmary, just hang in there for a little bit longer" mister choi says, earning a nod from jungwon.

"Yeah where was I...oh jungkook...right-" the ebony haired male hisses when he feels a sudden sting on his upper abdomen, "I'm going to make this quick okay? Boss kang's agents can be here any second now so we don't have much time left"

"And we both are dying too" jungkook's dad chuckles.

"Well yes, that too but I'm just going to give you an overview of the complete situation we're stuck in at the moment before starting with the serious talk, I don't want to freak you out or something" sangwoo adds, "so, a few weeks back, jia- I mean your mom was murdered by kang because she refused to...oh god how do I even say this"

"He's gonna be older by the time he finds this clip, just spit it out already. He's my son after all"

"Right, okay so kang is a fucking backstabber who can cross any limits to fulfill his desires alright? And once he set his eyes on jia during that stupid ass inauguration of his company, he tried to get to her....didn't really work of course, your mom was married and you were already seven at that time. So surely he had to use some blackmailing since jungwon here worked under him as well. We all know how things went from there, don't really want to explain in detail-"

"Kang told jia he would purposely kill me while carrying out missions if she didn't sleep with him. He told her it would be a one-night thing but he obviously lied and the cycle went on for several months" jungwon decides to explain it himself, direct and straight to the point, "she never told me any of this because of the fear that I would file a divorce against her until I eventually found it out myself and being the dumb man I am, I thought she was cheating on me"

"Yeah, after that when your mom didn't return home for nearly a whole week, we found out she was murdered. And Jungwon took matters to his own hands and tried to kill kang without even telling me anything about it" mister choi sighs as he fiddles with the silver ring on his ring finger, "then he got held hostage, kang told me to kill you which ended up with you getting locked in my farmhouse for safety purposes...but I should've been smarter actually like I don't know why the only place I could think of was that stupid damn farm house"

"You had no place to go to, that's the only spot which was left that no one knew about" jungwon says, rolling his neck from side to side.

"I thought no one knew about it but one of my work partners snitched on me and told kang it was my hideout where you were kept. It was pretty dumb, leaving you with y/n's mom and hoseok even if it was just for a few hours, I mean yeah I couldn't keep any bodyguards because none of the men seemed trustworthy to me anymore but maybe I should've just stayed there with you all and told y/n not to go to school that day"

Sangwoo locks his hands together and glances at the clock which had been hanging from one of the chipped walls, "that day, as in y/n's birthday which is today" he continues, "kang jinwoo came in to the farmhouse, killed my wife right in front of hobi before kidnapping you too"

There's a crack in his voice as he completes his sentence which fails to go unnoticed.

Jungwon guiltily looks at his friend, this was the most pathetic both of them had ever been in their entire lives. They were helpless, hurt and lost.