70 - Game begins

"Y/N, get up come on" Jungkook shakes your body to wake you up from your nap, his forehead creased in worry as he looks at the beads of sweat glistening on your temple.

You battle the haziness of your dream away once your eyelids flutter open with nails digging onto the chair's armrest.

"Nightmare again?" He chuckles, warm breath fanning your ear as you quietly nod and glance at your heaving chest, heart still pounding erratically in your ears.

It takes a minute or two for you to realise it was just a dream.

You suck in a deep breath and try to relax your tense muscles, face still pressed against jungkook's chest while he worked on his computer.

You turn back to realise that he was still analysing the cctv footages which jimin had sent some days ago, fingers typing something out on the keyboard with his eyes glued onto the screen ahead.

"But it felt so real" you mumble to yourself which makes jungkook quirk up a brow.

"Hm?"

You usher your eyes shut and tighten your grip around his waist, "it's nothing, I guess I'm just stressing too much lately" you say but the bitter taste on the back of your tongue had not gone away yet, it still remained there, taunting you about your dream.

"You overthink things a lot" the raven haired laughs as he rubs your back in a comforting way.

You make an attempt on calming yourself by telling that it was fine, you had been fine for the past week so you were going to be fine tonight too. You were safe with jungkook, happy and content, and you weren't going to let some random nightmare ruin that for you.

You had grown to love this man, a heavy word indeed but nothing else could describe the feelings you had for him except that in specific. You would be okay as long as he was by your side.

It's fated.

You let out a sigh of relief and look straight ahead at the wall clock.

It's one a.m already.

But wait.

Jungkook has been giving me back rubs for many days now and he always uses both his hands, then why today...

You fix your gaze from the clock towards his free hand which had a note clasped in it. There was a paragraph written on the paper in tiny letters.

You squint your eyes to read it as he swings his arm back and forth, he himself repeating the lines in a way like he was practicing it. They were faint whispers but you were sure you could hear it if you focused some more.

You try to put more pressure to your ears, vision still glued onto the paper whose edge he was holding and then it makes sense, his words start to make sense.

"When I blow hot your words are ice on a summers day, taking my heat and making it less fiery. When I am cold you are hot chocolate by the hearth, warming every part of me - body, mind and soul. When I am afraid you are my shield, a safe place to wait out life's storms. When shadows come you are the light, as bright as any midwinter star. You soothe me, bring peace and balance, that's why I need you... that I love you is just as mysterious as any other deep feeling, coming from my core, telling me after the bond was made, never seeking permission"

Goosebumps creep on your skin as a cold wave embalms you and the hairs on the back of your neck rise.

You move a bit away from jungkook, feeling the computer table press against your hip.

However, all the remaining strength of your body flies away when he opens his mouth and asks, "wanna go stargazing?"

"No no no no no" you begin chanting, irises wide open from fear and terror which makes the man in front of you confusedly tilt his head to the side.