80 - Ladies

"Let's get this done once and for all" your words are slow as taehyung steadily swivels the car and you see the familiar gate you never knew you would dread so much come before you.

You remembered wanting to be here all the time when you first got held 'hostage' but now you wished you could rewind time and never get to see this mansion ever again.

Jungkook draws himself closer to your seat, settling one of his hands on your neck where the purple bruises he marked you with remain decorating your skin.

The car is quiet for a moment as you hesitantly look back at him, his pupils stationary and focused on your figure.

"Don't let him touch you, okay?" He whispers in a hushed tone of voice.

You nod your head before frowning, eyebrows slanted inwards in hopes to look incredibly cruel, "don't let hyerin touch you either then" you finally respond with a pout.

The raven haired chuckles at your sentence as he moves his palm upwards to caress your cheek, the warmth of his skin seeping into yours.

"I promise" he says and you cheekily grin in satisfaction.

On the other hand, taehyung has numerous clouds of worry towering over his head, so many that he doesn't even care about what the two of you are upto.

What if boss kang doesn't buy your lies? What if he already killed namjoon? What if he rips the entire gang into shreds? What if something happens to jungkook?

He rubs his forehead at all those negative thoughts and lifts his foot from the gas pedal, bringing the engine's sound to a pause once the mansion's iron gate appears only a few steps away. A soft breath of exasperation leaves his lips as the car comes to a halt and he cannot help but rest his head on the steering wheel in tiredness.

"You'll go in first, get greeted by a few maids and in no time meet boss kang" jungkook says, peeping out of the tinted window to see two guards stand near the entrance, "then you'll get ready for the ball with agent A most likely to tag along. I'll see you there, in two hours or so"

You drum fingers against your knee and swallow thickly before trying to focus on the simple act of inhaling and exhaling. Your chest rises and falls, adrenaline pumping through your veins while you fight to relax.

A smile crosses your lips as you nod at jungkook's words.

The light patter of rain still rings softly on the bare ground and you can tell the guards are waiting for you to walk out of the car from the way they are staring at you through their lowered glasses in such an intense manner.

"Do you think mister kang will ask me any questions once I get in?" You ask, pulling your lower lip between your teeth once nervousness starts to flood through your system.

"He won't, we are here in perfect timing, you don't have any weapons with you and taehyung is still with us. So there's no reason for him to doubt us, just act natural" jungkook says as he gently lowers his fingers to intertwine them with yours.

He grins seeing the confused look on your face and tilts his head to the side, your presence itself whispering sweet nothings to his ear. Jungkook could stare at you this way for the rest of his life and never even get tired of it, everything about you was so beautiful and intriguing to him.

Taehyung lifts his gaze from the breaks to look at you and jungkook having a moment with each other and as much as he didn't want to include himself in this drama, he just had to for the sake of not getting slaughtered.

"We will be late if we keep this going" he rolls his eyes and leans forward to pull your side of the door open.

You snort, slowly sliding your hand away from jungkook's as he pouts at the loss of your touch while you take a quick glimpse of the cold atmosphere outside and shiver when the fresh air taunts your skin.