54 - The Scar

"Is the kid still asleep?" Boss kang asks from where he stood outside the white room, peering through the gate to see jungkook with cuts all over his body.

"He will die if we keep him like that for long" one of his men say to which he nods his head in the form of a response.

"That's what we want to do, who told his mom to reject my offer of getting paid to sleep with me? 'I need to take care of my son' let's see who she takes care of when I kill her so called son. I'll send him to the depths of hell tomorrow morning, let him suffer for tonight"

"Jia said that to you? Doesn't she know who she's talking to?"

"Yeah, that bitch is getting brave these days so I must teach her a lesson she will never forget"

Jungkook slowly rises from where he lay tiredly once he hears his mom's name being called, his stomach ached with hunger and his mouth felt so dry from dehydration that he could lick his own blood if possible.

But he wasn't able to since his hands were tied on the back.

"Choi sangwoo and jungwon will surely come after us, don't you think we should do something sir? Or atleast change routes?"

Boss kang throws the cigar that had been pursed between his lips for quite a long time now and slumps his shoulders.

"After this will die jungwon, Choi's wife, jia, jung family and sangwoo, the plan is set. We are just going to sit back and see each one of this weaklings being killed one after the other by my agents"

The death racket was all prepared and everything was going as planned by the mafia leader.

It wasn't just jia disrespecting him that made him this angry, it was also because these two men, jungwon and sangwoo were becoming a threat to him.

They worked as a gang under his order but their power levels were rising to the amount where mister choi already had the elite tattoo carved on his neck and mister jeon was getting his next week.

If they got to the same level where kang stood, there would be competition for him so he wanted to end it all.

Better not fight than lose.

But among this chaos, the one who was most affected was jungkook, a nine year old kid who was just doing his homework peacefully in until someone suddenly broke the main door down and dragged him to a truck.

He screamed, threw his legs in the air, tried to run away, he did everything he could do as a child. However, it just wasn't enough to save him against nine professional hitmen.

If only his dad hadn't gone to another one of missions, if only his mom had stayed home tonight instead of going to the bar, he would have been safe, sleeping soundly in the comfort of his bed.

It was raining heavily outside, occasional strikes of thunder tearing the sky into two and the little boy's wet clothes clinged to his limp figure.

Jungkook's body temperature was decreasing along with his breathing which kept getting ragged with each passing second.

"Dad, please save me. I'll never sleep in class or ask for toys, please please save me" his body shivers, arms hurting from all the bruises and ropes which were tied around his body.

"Don't even bother kid, your dad isn't coming anytime soon. He is a weakling just like you"

Boss kang's voice passes through his ears.

With droopy eyelids, he looks up at the tall man and fixes his gaze to the window.

It was dark outside, pitch darkness and heavy rainfall, the water droplets pounding on the roof as if it were demanding entrance.

"Dad is the s-strongest, you're the one who is weak" he says through bared teeth, looking at kang straight in the eye.

And the old hag's ego being more fragile than a broken vase glued together, he glances at the other agents trying their best to not laugh in front of him.

"Let me teach you a lesson son of a bitch" he chortles before rolling his sleeves up to enter the room where jungkook was kept hostage, "your mouth is so fast isn't it? Reminds me of your mother but I made hers to good use. I'm afraid I can't do that to you so I'll just teach you some manners instead"

Everyone falls silent after that, heads lowered knowing perfectly where things were about to go.

"Bring me the dagger" he orders, "let me show you who the boss is here, little jeon"

"But sir, he's already injured and has fractures" Agent C's voice surpasses through the tense air only to get shouted upon.

"I don't remember asking, I think I told you to hand me a dagger. You have a young wife and a ten month old son right, C? Do you want me to break your family too?"

"I-I'm sorry boss, I just thought that the kid would die if done too much"

"And there's no use of him to be alive anyways, just a burden on earth. Carrying bloodline of the filthiest family"

Once a bodyguard clad in black steps inside the room with a sharp object clasped in his hand, jungkook's heartbeat quickens.

He needed help, he needed his dad more than anyone else right now.

Boss kang snatches the weapon and runs it through the nine year old's bangs, "maybe you should apologise for being born, your existence itself was an accident"

Panic bubbles inside jungkook's empty tummy once he feels a warm liquid dripping from the cut on his eyebrows to his nose and that's the moment he realises he has to do something to protect himself.

He scans the room with only the use of his eyes to see that the bodyguard and agent had left, it was only him and uncle Jinwoo for now.

Maybe because no one wanted to see the sight of a child being killed by an almost fourty year old man and that too only because he called him weak.

"Who did you call weak again huh? Your dad is the one who is weak, cannot even protect his wife. No wonder jia ran to me, who would even want to look after a kid like you? I'm pretty sure everyone hates how you present yourself, poor thing"

Jungkook rolls his neck after hearing enough of the trash talk, and with one swift movement of his leg, he hits boss kang on his balls, making the dagger fall to the ground from his hold.

"You're the weakest out of everyone old uncle" he giggles, looking at the way he tries to stand up only to stumble back down on his knees.

Rage flows through the taller male like lava, fresh swell of anger rising in his head as he slaps jungkook across his face, the ring on his finger causing a painful cut on the young boy's cheekbone.

"Fucking die already, dumb fucker" his heart hardens once he makes another attempt to stab the kid only to accidentally cut one of his ropes.

"Boss, choi sangwoo is here. The time calculation went wrong, we need to empty this place" one of the men inform hesitantly from outside, scared that he might get in danger for causing disturbance.

"How did he even know we came here first of all? This is a hideout only mafias are aware of" Boss kang yells, frustration coiling in his abdomen which makes him throw his head back.

"His daughter apparently saw us kidnapping the kid, her name is y/n"

And that's all little jungkook remembered before he passed out due to dehydration and low blood pressure.