05

ARIA

When I exited the bathroom, Sandro was nowhere to be found. My apartment was empty, lacking any sort of life besides myself. I was surprised and also partially concerned to see that he had locked my front door after leaving.

I need to ask him how the fuck he got into my place the next time I see him.

My steps halted immediately. I scowled to myself. The next time I see him? Surely there wouldn't be a next time.

I decided to get started on my dinner, so I could drink my tablets on a satisfied stomach and climb into my bed. Opening my fridge, I was disappointed to find that nothing seemed appealing.

I grabbed a bottle of water and gulped down half the contents. I nearly spat out the liquid when a loud knock came from my door. It startled me, and I coughed a few times when the water nearly choked me.

I wiped my mouth, hesitantly heading to the door. Did he decide to come back? My door didn't have a peephole, and I was not about to open it to a stranger. "Who's it?" I called out, narrowing my eyes.

"Food delivery for...Aria." An unfamiliar voice responded from the other side. Food? I frowned in confusion. I didn't remembering ordering anything and I certainly did not have the money to pay for it.

I paused for a moment. Did he...?

Opening the door, I pressed my knee against it just in case. There was a young man standing there, dressed in a red uniform with a matching cap. In his hands he held a large brown paper bag.

"I didn't order anything," I told him, glancing down to the bag. He pursed his lips, and I saw the attempt to hide his annoyance. Not that I blamed him. I would definitely be annoyed too.

"Mr Galanti ordered it to be delivered to this address. It's already paid for." He lifted it, shoving it to my arms. I held the food, still feeling very confused. Without another word, the young man turned on his heels and headed down towards the stairs. Mr Galanti.

Alessandro Galanti.

I kicked the door closed, heading to my kitchen. I was curious about what he had gotten me. I set it down on the table, and unfolded the top before gazing down at the contents inside. I gasped, recognising the familiar take-away packaging of my favourite Thai restaurant.

And it was the exact same dish I had ordered when I lunched with Tammy.

I didn't know whether to be happy that he thought to get me food or scared that he knew what I would want.

Was feeling both even possible?

My stomach grumbled – a tell-tale of how hungry I actually was. I hadn't eaten all day, and seeing the food laid out in front of me made my mouth water. I couldn't help but assume that it was Sandro's attempt at softening me up. But nevertheless, it was free food and who was I to decline a meal? With that being said, I opened the packaging and grabbed my chopsticks from the drawer.

Plopping on the couch, I switched the television on and kicked my feet up. It felt so good to relax. It felt even better to eat something. Watching a random telenovela, I finished my food within minutes.

I forgot all about the green-eyed man pestering me.

When I was done, and satisfied, I took the painkiller and got ready for bed, not forgetting to double check that the door was locked. And that the latches were in firmly in place. I doubt that the tiny metal couldn't keep Sandro out but it was worth the try and worth the tiniest bit of security it offered me.