16

ARIA

Why am I bouncing?

I groaned when sleep escaped me and the realisation settled in.

"Sandro?" I asked, my voice groggy and my eyes still shut. I cuddled further into his chest when I became conscious of the fact that he was carrying me.

"Mi dispiace, bellissima. I didn't mean to wake you," he whispered, and I had just woken up but Sandro sounded more tired than me. My eyes opened just as he laid me down on a soft mattress.

"It's okay. I tried to wait for you. What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eye with the side of my hand and that's when I finally saw the look on his face. Sandro was exhausted. His hair was messy, and the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbows. It seemed like he had a rough night, and I couldn't help but feel an ache of pure concern in my chest.

"Just after 2," he said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. I had only slept for more or less an hour but it felt a lot longer.

"What's wrong?" I asked, propping myself up onto my elbows. I was genuinely worried, but Sandro let out a sigh that was nothing short of annoyance. I frowned at him.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it. Go back to sleep, please," he said, standing up and heading to the en-suite. Go back to sleep? Why was he acting so strange? I was suddenly wide awake, and I sat up fully as I watched him.

"Are you okay?" I asked, just wanting to know if he was fine. Sandro opened the faucet and washed his hands before splashing his face with the water.

"Yeah," was his short and curt answer as he towel-dried his face.

"You sure?" I asked, a little bit hesitant. It felt like I was bothering him and I might have been but he was the one who invited me over in the first place.

This time, he gripped the edge of the basin and dropped his head. "Yes, Aria. Go back to sleep."

I was stunned at his change in behaviour, and a dreadful feeling washed over me when I realised that he probably wanted to be alone and I was clearly in the way.

"Okay," I said, nodding but mostly to myself. I slid my legs over the bed, setting my feet onto the soft carpet just as Sandro's head snapped into my direction.

"You're leaving?" he asked, straightening his back. I didn't answer, too busy trying to locate my dress that I had taken off.

"You're leaving?" he asked again, this time turning to me completely.

Sandro didn't seem to take my attempt to leave lightly, and when he took a step forward, I felt the tension in the room amplify to the point where I was hesitant to take another step. But I did. As soon as I turned around to exit the room, a hand was wrapping around my arm and stopping me.

That wasn't all.

I was whirled around, and pushed against the wall but not harsh enough to hurt. Even though Sandro made sure to be gentle, I could sense that he was anything but happy. I groaned, feeling him lock me in place by pressing his pelvis against mine.

"Why?" he asked and bent down, his face a mere few inches away from mine. I glared at him even though my body had an entirely different response to his body being so close to mine.

"Don't look at me like that. Tell me why you're leaving," he said, raising his hand to grab my cheeks in a way that shouldn't have turned me on the way it did.

His free hand was above my head, planted against the wall. I was encaged...and I hated how my pussy throbbed at the contact. Now is definitely not the time to be horny.