WHERE AM I?!

Finished On

Tuesday, January 4th, 2022. 9:18 am.

-----

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

The blinding white and yellow lights hurt. Even with my eyes shut, it was still blinding me. I put a hand up to said light, and as I did, the light disappeared and I heard something open. When I did, I heard some kind of voice. I'm guessing it was one of the CyberLife workers I haven't met yet.

"Hello. Welcome back from your science endued coma. You've been in your pod for...1017 years. Hope you've had a good long sleep."

"W-What? How long did you say?"

"1017 years. I was informed that some of the older workers had attempted to wake you within a week of you being in your pod, but they had failed, so they let you sleep."

I used my arms to prop myself up. Blinking away the stun, I looked at the person and saw they had a small blue ring on their right temple.

"Can you confirm where I am, please?"

They nodded. I watched the blue light turn a yellow color, then back to its original blue.

"You are on floor 182 of the CyberLife tower in Detroit. Would you like me to inform the staff that you have awoken? They'll be able to bring you to your family."

I looked around. The place was clean, but there was also a very thick layer of dust. The old blinding white of the walls seemed to become a dirty gray color.

Looking back at the person in front of me, I tried to get out of the 'pod' I was currently in. They put their hands under my arms and lifted me out of the pod before putting me on the cold floor safely.

"Please get a staff member... I want to go home..."

They nodded, turning around and leaving the room. Staying still for a few moments, I turn and look around. There were old cards, multiple bouquets of dead flowers, and boxes with what I'm guessing is some kind of food, which is probably rotten because of the flies around it.

Walking to the cards, I picked up one that was (f/c). Opening it, I saw my name written in what I believed was one of my parents handwriting.

'My sweet, dear, (Y/n).

I am sorry, but the coma that you signed up for failed. It was to test to see if a human can stay alive, healthy and young so we can survive wars and get to the future. You won't be waking up. I'm sorry, I wish I could've seen my little girl/boy/child grow up and have an amazing life. But you told me, not all wishes come true...

I just hope wherever you are, you're safe and happy... Why am I even writing this? You might not ever see it... I'm sorry, my little girl/boy/child.'

I shut the card and placed it back. I was a test subject? Huh...

The door behind me opened. I turned around quickly and saw the same person from before entering with another person who looked like they were a S.W.A.T member.

"(L/n) (Y/n). Correct?"

I nod. I know they only want to help, but they've always terrified me when I was growing up.

"Come with me."

He turned around and walked out of the room. I quickly followed, not wanting to be yelled at.