A Few More Cases

Finished On

Sunday, February, 27th, 2022, 7:49 pm.

-----

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

As Hank drove to the Ravendale district, I looked out of the window. The rain wasn't heavy, so it would've been a nice day to run in puddles and just mess around. We started to slow down as we pulled up in front of a store. When Hank completely parked the car, I was the first to get out. I stretched my arms out and twirled in the rain.

"Weird *ss kid you got there, Hank..."

"She's/He's/They're not mine. She's/He's/They're just hanging around until she/he/they has a family member she/he/they can go home to. Her/His/Their remaining ones are in the hospital."

I laughed as a car went by and splashed me with the cold water from the ground. In the corner of my eye, I saw Connor smile at me before turning to Hank and the other officer.

"We've got officers sweeping the neighborhood in case anyone saw something."

Hank nodded while looking down at a tablet.

"Well, let me know if they turn up anything."

"What are you gonna do with that thing?"

Hank looked at Connor, who chose to turn at the last second and look inside the store window.

"I have no idea..."

"And the girl/boy/kid?"

"I have even less of a clue with her/him/them... She/He/They had the body of... maybe a seven year old last night, now she/he/they look like she's/he's/they're almost thirteen."

"Some growth spurt, huh?"

"Yeah..."

Hank walked over to the front of the store to get out of the rain slightly.

"It took the first bus that came along... And stayed at the end of the line. It's decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear."

Hank scoffed and looked at Connor.

"Androids don't feel fear."

"Deviants do. They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions."

Hank looked over at me. I looked at him with a smile before running to a large puddle and jumping into the center of it. There were a few kids who had chosen to join in on my fun and started splashing around with me.

"Ah well, that still doesn't tell us where it went."

"It didn't have a plan, and it had nowhere to go. Maybe it didn't go far..."

Hank looked around and saw me smiling at a little boy, who looked like he was having the time of his life in the rain.

"Maybe..."

I giggled even more when another car splashed both of us. The boy burst out laughing. I tried to hold it back, but failed to do so.

"Come on, Evan. We don't want to keep Nanna waiting."

He nodded and waved to me as he walked away with his mother.

"BYE!"

I smiled wide and waved back at him. I turned back to Hank and Connor, but saw two people leave from an old, slightly covered gate. I looked at Hank and Connor and saw that they weren't looking, when I made sure it was clear, I darted across the street, the two females seemed to notice me and panicked.